Tug O War At The Spring Gathering

Polly

I am meeting a kind member of the National Federation who will lend us a rope and give me safety advice. So now are we able to get a team or two for the Saturday afternoon, weather permitting?

So please register interest here. 

You should understand its at your own risk and that you need to be basically fit.

you need to own a pair of gloves, 

You need to be at the meet! :default_biggrin:

More will emerge when I have met the Nat Federation Rep.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Are you being serious? I'm coming to the meet but a Tug o War isn't my idea of relaxation, sorry. I don't think it would do the Salhouse turf much good either. 

Apologies I was in a tired and intolerant mood last night. Go for it and I'll enjoy the entertainment of watching. 

• Like 1

Here is the issue, I need to go to a lot of time and trouble to sort this option. If members think they don’t want to get involved then I can cancel the initial moves I have  made and I will not mind at all, it’s one less aspect to organise. We would need about 10 pullers to make it worthwhile.

Broads 1, please be assured this isn’t because of your first post. I intended to ask for this information about now as part of the planning.

Ball in your court guys. 

• Like 1

I think the most important thing for the moment is not  the general age of we members, it's whether or not we are going to play the tug'o'war.  That's not a snipe at your post Hytlander, it's just something that I believe needs sorting ASAP.

So folks, Please respond as to whether you are up for it or not, just to help our Polly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fund is there, along with Gazebo money. Maxwellian has the correct sum but i think we are there on the gazebo. I plan to buy in Norfolk in the days before the Gathering. The rope may be a bit short as it were. It's possible we can get more buying advice from my contact, I have mentioned it; but currently the plan is to borrow this year and go from there. If the interest on here grows, then buying would be sensible this year if we have enough in the kitty.

• Like 1

Used to work for an old brigadier when I injured myself playing 5 a side football he almost had me on A charge, so count me out. 

Before we do make the final decision to go ahead with the tug of war I will contact our insurers. I know, but someone needs to be boring and it might as well be me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1