Ferry Marina Discount

20 minutes ago, Coryton said:

The way the hire boats work seems quite old-fashioned (and I don't mean that as a bad thing), in that there is such a thing as a list price and any discounts for early or late booking are clearly identified as such.

33 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Fluid pricing is indeed widespead in the greater travel industry. I think the problem with that position for the Broads is that unlike the airlines and tour operators who own or contract the stock, you are dealing with many independent owners and would need agreement from them for a dynamic system to price according to market demand.

I agree its old fashioned and I actually like it that way. I like to be able to see what a price should be and what discount I'm getting.

If hire companies can continue to sell holidays, then there is no need to change, but if the market changes and they are struggling to fill capacity, then they will look at other pricing strategies. I don't expect we will see the sort of pricing airlines use, but I can see some elements of dynamic pricing becoming increasingly popular the market.

Now where can I get that voucher code for the discount on my holiday...

It does rather amuse me that Ferry include a tank of fuel and a collision waiver in their prices, rather than as add-ons.

But if you want a map it's £3 extra...

Also, they seem to be offering bookings all through the year.

Will they really hire you a boat in December?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Coryton said:

I had noticed that they seem to be offering this. Another initiative of their new owners perhaps. Guess they will fit winter maintenance around bookings or not have the full fleet on offer all the time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coryton said:

It does rather amuse me that Ferry include a tank of fuel and a collision waiver in their prices, rather than as add-ons.

But if you want a map it's £3 extra...

If you go on their website and put dates in for December it comes back with available boats and prices so it would appear that they are extending their season. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

If you go on their website and put dates in for December it comes back with available boats and prices so it would appear that they are extending their season. 

3 hours ago, SwanR said:

I had noticed that they seem to be offering this. Another initiative of their new owners perhaps. Guess they will fit winter maintenance around bookings or not have the full fleet on offer all the time. 

That or they have made a mistake setting things up on their web site.

The prices don't drop as much as you might expect for such out-of-season bookings.

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/08/2019 at 06:40, NorfolkNog said:

As does May. The price hikes up around 40 - 50 per cent in June and drops substantially after August. I think it's simple economics - those who are not tied to school holidays will go for the cheaper option. The weather is usually very good in September too. 

Mind you, roll on December :default_eusa_dance:

But syndicate boat weeks ALWAYS cost the same whether it`s winter, spring, summer, or autumn :default_party0001:.

Are you looking forward to Christmas then Howard? :default_gbxhmm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

But syndicate boat weeks ALWAYS cost the same whether it`s winter, spring, summer, or

True indeed Neil

2 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Are you looking forward to Christmas then Howard?

(well, mid December to be pedantic)

I would say that's an understatement! :default_biggrin: 

Quiet rivers, no engines running on moorings, pubs decked out for the festive season. I cannot wait!!! :default_beerchug:  :default_party0001:

• Like 2

Look forward to reading your holiday tale Jean. :default_party0042:

I’m already missing the Broads and next Feb seems ages away.

Still, all is not gloom and doom.  Ive been in touch with an ex work colleague who left the OU about 10 years ago and moved to Cornwall. We are having a reunion weekend in Bath soon. 

:default_party0042::default_party0042:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Still, all is not gloom and doom.  Ive been in touch with an ex work colleague who left the OU about 10 years ago and moved to Cornwall. We are having a reunion weekend in Bath soon. 

:default_party0042::default_party0042:

Is this ex colleague female? And if so, is there room in that 'Bath' for one more? :default_norty:

8 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

. . . . . . . . . . . I’m already missing the Broads and next Feb seems ages away . . . . . . .

I'm sure that there will be some unused weeks available on Moonlight Shadow that will become available between now and then, Helen, if you can take advantage of them.  There certainly were last year.

Just now, YnysMon said:

Jay, you naughty man! LOL. Bath, as in the Somerset Bath, as you well know.

:default_biggrin:

Still, if either of you...... or both :default_norty: need a 'Bath' I'm up for joining you if you can fit me in :default_biggrin: