Alpha Craft Prop Shaft Grease Location.

Hi.  I need to grease my prop shaft on alpha craft 35 to stop a drip. The service guy could not find the grease refilling point, connected to the shaft by a tube.  Can anyone please tell me where it is.  I've looked everywhere.  Thanka.

I had a similar problem at first on my DC30, I had to to lift floor panels to follow the tube. Mine was near the reed filter but not in plain site in the end. I only mention this as it is likely to be near some access point but not necessarily in plain site.

And welcome aboard!

Hi Trev

Spoke to Robert at Sutton Staithe Boatyard who says there are several different types some easier than others. He did say if you took your boat into them they would sort it out for you but it would cost and you may want to do it youself. Tel no:- 01692 581653

Boycee

16 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

If you're on the Yare try Paul at Swancraft.

Wouldn't be in the engine bay by any chance?

Thanks.  Iwill search him out.  I looked in the engine bay but no luck.  It may of course be there and I'm missing it

Hi Trev, on our Alpha 32, the stern gland is under our inspection cover in our saloon.A few years ago our was dripping,and we had it replaced where we are moored at Sabena in Wroxham.,it was a small job and the bill was small. Try giving Alan a call on 01603 782552.  Good luck

8 hours ago, dnks34 said:

The tube going into the stern gland might be a water cooling line from your raw water circuit.   As others have said it could be you dont have a greaser. 

There may or may not be a grease cup on the gland itself. 

It does look more like water than grease.

8 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

We have a Alpha 29,we grease in two places.One in the engine bay going back behind the engine. The second accessed via the steps leading to the rear cabin.Dont know if that's useful. Welcome by the way

Thanks.  That's very helpful.  I will investigatr

8 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

We have a Alpha 29,we grease in two places.One in the engine bay going back behind the engine. The second accessed via the steps leading to the rear cabin.Dont know if that's useful. Welcome by the way

Thanks.  It is possible that there is no greaser.  There us a packing gland but this doesn't allow enough grease in.  Either the mechanic doesn't do it correctly or it needs something else.  It drips about once a second when we're moving

11 hours ago, Aboattime said:

Hi Trev, on our Alpha 32, the stern gland is under our inspection cover in our saloon.A few years ago our was dripping,and we had it replaced where we are moored at Sabena in Wroxham.,it was a small job and the bill was small. Try giving Alan a call on 01603 782552.  Good luck

That's good to know.  Wroxham is a bit far for me but I will find someone local to Brundall where I'm moored

11 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Richard at Johnsons is good if you are near st.olaves, or call Andy at freedom if near norwich, it's not like you are after a big job.

Thanks.  Andy is nearer.  I give him a try.  Very useful