Van For Sale Soon.

Whilst I know it isn`t boat related so may be removed by the mod team it is local and a member may be looking for one or know of somebody who is, should it sell through the forum then a % of the final sale price will be donated to the forum.

Mercedes Vito, 2008, 127k miles and good for another 127k, long mot, good tyres and in better conditon than a lot I see. Had it for around three years and it`s never let me down. Dead locks fitted, LED strip light in back (bring sunglasses) and hands free kit for phone. PM me if interested.

Just brought VW Caddy Maxi with the BG racking in the back which I don`t need, again will donate to the forum and PM me if interested.

TIA

8 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Mercedes Vito, 2008, 127k miles and good for another 127k, 

It's the inbetween that would worry anyone. Cost wise in my personal opinion it would be better to buy a new van. Because of technology involved with vans and especially cars, I have a few customers who change their cars because of this every 3 years!

Why do that considering the length of warranties nowadays, five or seven year warranties is not unusual. Anyway I`m happy that they can afford to buy new every three years, I for one can not so I`ll keep those in the secondhand market in business. 

It`s not unusual for a Vito with FSH to easily do +250k miles.

• Like 1

IMO Buying new isn't cost effective when you consider depreciation over the first few years and only keeping for 3 years your taking a big hit each time even if your a cash buyer. 

No offence intended but the OP has advertised something for sale is it helpful to suggest reasons people shouldn't want to buy it......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Buying new vans is a luxury many sole traders and small businesses just can't afford. I don't even agree about it being cost effective if you could. Merc vans are about the best work horses you can get nowadays, many of the Sprinters the logistics company I used to work for would do in excess of half a million miles in their three year life. Needless to say when you do that kind of mileage then new is the only real option, but otherwise used with a full history is often the smart choice. 

Perhaps a photo or two and a price would not offend the mods senses too much?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, dnks34 said:

IMO Buying new isn't cost effective when you consider depreciation over the first few years and only keeping for 3 years your taking a big hit each time even if your a cash buyer. 

No offence intended but the OP has advertised something for sale is it helpful to suggest reasons people shouldn't want to buy it......

Actually, your comment about depreciation is spot on, though the bit about the first few years is a bit optomistic, it should read the first few hours. As soon as you drive any brand new vehical off the forecourt, it's a used vehical. 

When I bought my 65 plate Mazda 6 a few months back, they had a new red one being sold with about 20 miles on the clock, and was 6g under the list price. I think someone placed an order but couldn't complete on the deal, and it was driven locally by one of the staff, resilt?,  the 1 month old car being sold for 15 - 20% less than list. 

I would never buy a brand new car unless I planned to keep it for 10 years. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I once had a Vito Van for ‘GriffTile’. Bought from a Mercedes dealership. Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Because of that van I would never own a Mercedes of any description on principle 

Griff

Feel the same way about Fiat Griff however could you please toddle off somewhere else before you wreck a potential sale. :default_2gunsfiring_v1: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Just to redress the balance, a mate of mine won't use any other van, it has to be  Merc for him. I shall ask him when I next see him, if he'd be interested in yours OBB though he's just recently bought two s/hand Sprinters.

How big is your Vito? 

Thank you MM however mine is a SWB Vito so it has about half the capacity load area of a Sprinter therefore I doubt that he would interested.

9 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Actually, your comment about depreciation is spot on, though the bit about the first few years is a bit optomistic, it should read the first few hours. As soon as you drive any brand new vehical off the forecourt, it's a used vehical. 

When I bought my 65 plate Mazda 6 a few months back, they had a new red one being sold with about 20 miles on the clock, and was 6g under the list price. I think someone placed an order but couldn't complete on the deal, and it was driven locally by one of the staff, resilt?,  the 1 month old car being sold for 15 - 20% less than list. 

I would never buy a brand new car unless I planned to keep it for 10 years. 

The vehicle inquestion was probably a pre-register to make the cut on dealer overider bonus.

When I was last involved we were on an over rider of £250 per vehicle when we had moved 100.

If you are approaching the cut of date and you are short a couple you register them to get your bonus and sell them at a discount, it is worth it not to miss out on a 100 x £250 bonus.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

The vehicle inquestion was probably a pre-register to make the cut on dealer overider bonus.

When I was last involved we were on an over rider of £250 per vehicle when we had moved 100.

If you are approaching the cut of date and you are short a couple you register them to get your bonus and sell them at a discount, it is worth it not to miss out on a 100 x £250 bonus.

Have heard of this before. 

My nephew works for a Mazda dealership and can confirm this goes on. It used to be a Hyundai franchise, but with them getting so popular and the import restrictions, on how many can be imported. they often could not fill the orders of customers and not reach the ridiculous targets set by Hyundai.

On 19/10/2019 at 23:20, dnks34 said:

IMO Buying new isn't cost effective when you consider depreciation over the first few years

Sorry but I have to disagree with you here. I have known friends of mine to buy second hand vehicles and basically buy something that has been thrashed. They look good from the outside but the heart of the vehicle really needs TLC and the cost of it always comes to the 2nd hand buyer. I'm not saying all 2nd hand commercials are bad, but just be careful.

47 minutes ago, KaptinKev said:

Really in this day and age,  you think to achieve this mileage will be a basic oil change and replacement of glow plugs?

Ah, so earlier when you said work history and costs which I couldn`t understand you meant service history and costs yes?

To answer your question according to the service history no major engine parts have needed to be replaced including those glow plugs you mention.

• Like 1