Cello Android Tvs

Paul

Does anyone have any experience of android based TV's, especially Cellos? We are looking at buying a TV for our new caravan and I'm looking at a 24" 12v Cello which is Android / Wifi / Smart enabled as not only does it allow us to keep up with Tim & Pru et al but being android we can downlaod a few games for the kids plus it has USB and SD card slots for external storage which can record live TV and be used for playback of downloaded video content.

Add to that they are British made and available for about a hundred and fifty quid (plus extra for the 12v power supply) and it seems a done deal.

Unless you know better?

• Like 1

Whilst that one has not been tested by them, an earlier Cello model managed to get an abysmal score by Which when tested. They are only British assembled and I guess in the end, you get what you pay for. 

But if you want a cheap tv for your van, and you dont mind what the picture is like too much and you can put up with the sound quality, and you only use it in the van.......... I would want to be convinced though. I am not sure I would be taken in by the reviews on Amazon!!!!

As like Alan we do too having bought it this season, no issues with Pic quality at all.  Sound  is not brilliant (as you would expect from a small flat screen)  but more than adequate on board. Very simple to use and also has built in DVD. For £150.00  I wouldnt complain.     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marshman said:

They are only British assembled and I guess in the end, you get what you pay for. 

That's a very sad comment Mr Marshman sir. I know nothing of the Cello tvs other than seeing them for sale in Roys. I shall look at them more carefully next time i'm in there.

We had a Cello TV it was very very good.     Would give it 5 stars every day.      It had the ability to store its own battery while plugged into the mains to enable you to watch it when you did not have the mains and save your boats battery.   It also had a DVD player and a huge screen.

We got a cello for our boat as we wanted a t.v .that would record on a timer so I wouldn't miss Strictly when we went out to dinner on Saturday evenings!  It's smaller that that which you mentioned but it did the job perfectly. So impressed were we that we replaced our kitchen t.v. at home with one the same but a little larger. They've  both been giving great service for  number of years now without giving any problems.  If I remember correctly we bought them mail order  from a company in Yorkshire at a really good price.

Carole

• Thanks 1

I know what you mean MM though I have ceased to hold Which magazine in any great esteem since they did an article on small outboards. The best they could say about British Seagull was, and I quote "Some members reported it to be a reliable motor".

To be honest I put more weight to the opinions of the members here which, thus far, sound encouraging.

• Like 1

Has anyone got any knowledge of the Ferguson (Cello) 22 inch Battery & Solar Operated LED TV. It claims that a 2 hour charge will provide 8 to 10 hours of TV with the TV battery charging while the car / boat is under way. It seems like an ideal solution to avoid use of the boats domestic batteries especially at this time of year.

• Like 1