Problems logging in

• oldgregg changed the title to Problems logging in

I will have a look  if  the contact us message made it through tonight when I get back on my home computer that recieves those messages, but other than that we have had a few problems with people logging in since a recent software update, all we can do is remind people to clear their cache before trying again as generally the problem is the internet browser 'remembering' the page from last time and not operating correctly with the new software interface, so have a go at clearing your cache before trying again. sometimes a simple Ctrl F5 reload will do the trick.

I have just tried all the different methods available to me to log in (the only one I cant try is the apple app) and they are all working fine for me. But I do realise that doesnt mean they are fine for everyone else.

32 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Can someone please have a look why I as a Full Member cannot log in please.

Getting error 2S119/1.

Have used the contact us message form but no reply.

M

What browser are you using on the laptop?

You'll need to clear your cache as what is happening is that in order to save time your computer is storing an older version of some of the important files that make the forum run, rather than downloading them fresh each time and getting the latest (correct) version.

Hylander, as far as i can see your access rights are all working properly, so you should be able to see all of the forum, when you say you can get this far, can you see the technical help section but none of the rest of the forum? or are you still getting the error message coming up?

Sorry for the delay but have been out.      As far as I can see now I appear to be back to normal.   Did not ask me to log in but just went straight in as per normal.    Thank you for your help and if that darn message comes up again I will let you know.

• Thanks 1

Is anyone else still having a problem signing in?

When I try to go on the forum I still get the message to sign in. When I do this I still get the error message. This results in me not being able to sign  in and get into the members only area.

If I just click on a topic it goes to that topic and has my name at the top right as normal but if I come off that topic I get straight back to the request to sign in again.

Can anyone tell me in plain English what I am doing wrong?    PLEASE !!!

Jeff 

The NBN Forum site doesn't seem to be keeping me signed in, I cleared all this, that and the other and still when I open the page as a fresh I'm not logged in, all I have to do is click on the "last 24 hours" or such and boom there I am, logged in but straight from the bookmark I'm not.

1 hour ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Is anyone else still having a problem signing in?

When I try to go on the forum I still get the message to sign in. When I do this I still get the error message. This results in me not being able to sign  in and get into the members only area.

If I just click on a topic it goes to that topic and has my name at the top right as normal but if I come off that topic I get straight back to the request to sign in again.

Can anyone tell me in plain English what I am doing wrong?    PLEASE !!!

Jeff 

You are not doing anything wrong Jeff etc   ,  it is this darn site.   Someone has altered something.

unfortunately its the way browsers work that is the problem, we have applied a software upgrade, so the forum software is looking for certain files and routines as it loads a page.

Internet browsers try and be clever by remembering parts of a page that generally remain the same from visit to visit, unfortunately they remember bits even when they have been changed by an upgrade, thus they try and load the old version (that no longer works).

not keeping the software up to date is not an option, as it is upgraded to close off security loopholes that enable hackers to access the site and break things behind the scenes, once a vulnerability has been found, the forum software needs to have an upgrade to block up the loophole, so we cant just not update it.

the way around this is to clear the cache your machine holds for that webpage (this doesnt mean just clearing your history).

on chrome you would need to go to the 3 dots to get to the menu (other browsers have something looking like a gear wheel), select settings and then advanced settings to get to the clear browsing data page, then you could just select clear cached images and files (this should enable you to not have to lose all of the important login information from other sites.

Generally your browser will do a fresh download of the files every so often to ensure it is using the correct data, so we anticipate that this problem will resolve itself with time.

Unfortunately as its not a problem with the forum directly there is not a lot that we can do at this end to resolve this other than as we have already done, ie - encourage you to try clearing your cach.

If in doubt google for your specific browser- clear cache

cache.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1