Survey No 2

SPEEDTRIPLE

56 minutes ago, grendel said:

only two, lucky you, I have 3 screens on my work machine and still run out of places to open things. I can have 3 or 4 tabs of the forum open when I am doing work in the background.

Can you not just have one screen, preferably big, subdivided as required for however many tabs you have open? Or is that what you already do? 

Me, I keep it simple, one screen and one tab at a time.

My desk, currently only one forum tab open, I have on average 2-3 windows open per screen. So left to right, the document with the as laid dimensions, middle the cad cable route plan I am updating, right the forum. Foreground, my Meccano models, snacks etc.

IMG_20200225_145453.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BroadsAuthority said:

*Moved*

4 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

If by "*Moved*" you mean what I think you mean by "*Moved*" Then I shall get to sleep tonight very easily by trying to count how many cats you have set amongst how many pigeons. :default_biggrin: 

4 hours ago, grendel said:

Tom reposted his response  in the correct survey thread, and edited the original post in the wrong place to say moved, if thats what you mean MM, quite simple really

awww rats, I thought he was saying that bthe bridge should be "*moved*"

3 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Can you not just have one screen, preferably big, subdivided as required for however many tabs you have open? Or is that what you already do? 

Me, I keep it simple, one screen and one tab at a time.

I've one screen with up to open 10 tabs along the top, one click and it's open just keep the email one live to get notification when new content posted elsewhere.

I have two wide screens for work. I'm amazed how many people in the office can manage crouched over just a 15 inch lap top screen all day. I could never have the forum open whilst working though, I'd never get any work done. In fact it's rare for me to be on the forum on any computer, phone or tablet suits me. 

I have two screens at work too. It makes the aspects of my my work where I’m having to compare or transfer data so much easier. Recently Ive switched from having a PC to a docked smallish laptop, but still linked via the dock to those screens The laptop is also a boon if I have work remotely for some reason, much easier than having to use a VPN with my own laptop. We have also recently had some training events where we have been asked to bring our laptops with us.

(How’s that for thread drift!)

:default_hiding:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2