Lockdown - Further Clarification

Poppy

I see looking at the web cam at Gt Yarmouth that folk are on the beach.   Mind you I cannot see that they are doing anything wrong as long as it is one family.    Trouble is one does it they all will,  yes,  well until tomorrow when we will all be freezing our bits off once more.

Screenshot (321).png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

And there are millions of examples that aren't published of the Police and Councils not overstretching their powers but instead going about their tasks with tact and discretion.

Always easier to highlight a few examples of error of judgment.

A couple of weeks ago I was on my way back from Ipswich, about 14 miles from home, when I was pulled up by a traffic car. "You're a fair way from home sir, mind telling me why you're out?" " Just delivered 8 sets of scrubs my wife made to the distribution centre officer." " Tell her to keep up the good work, I'll put a tag on your record so you won't be bothered again " As Mr. Punch said " That's the way to do it!"

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

Unless yOu have a lease car, that might confuse them.

Even on a lease car aren't you the registered keeper. The owner and registered keeper of a car can, but don't have to be the same thing! That's why the from memory the V5 document has printed on the front, this document is not proof of ownership. It should have the lessee as the registered keeper and will more often than not be retained by the owner.

11 hours ago, stumpy said:

A couple of weeks ago I was on my way back from Ipswich, about 14 miles from home, when I was pulled up by a traffic car. "You're a fair way from home sir, mind telling me why you're out?" " Just delivered 8 sets of scrubs my wife made to the distribution centre officer." " Tell her to keep up the good work, I'll put a tag on your record so you won't be bothered again " As Mr. Punch said " That's the way to do it!"

Seems like a very sensible approach, but I'm very puzzled by the "I'll put a tag on your record" Which record would that be? ANPR cameras normally do instantaneous look ups on a number of databases to show MOT, Tax and registered keeper. The police can add your number plate to the ANPR camera system as a VOI (vehicle of interest) and if you pass any of the cameras it will ping them an alert in real time so they can trace and track a car.

49 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Even on a lease car aren't you the registered keeper. The owner and registered keeper of a car can, but don't have to be the same thing! That's why the from memory the V5 document has printed on the front, this document is not proof of ownership. It should have the lessee as the registered keeper and will more often than not be retained by the owner.

I know of one scheme that has the company who supplies the car as registered keeper but legally the person signing the agreement owns it. This particular scheme is only available if you work in the trade for a main dealer rather than Joe Public though.

1 minute ago, WherryNice said:

I know of one scheme that has the company who supplies the car as registered keeper but legally the person signing the agreement owns it. This particular scheme is only available if you work in the trade for a main dealer rather than Joe Public though.

The main reason for the lessee normally being the registered keeper is so that any congestion charge, parking fines and traffic offences normally end up with the person who would normally be expected to be driving the vehicle, or know who was driving the vehicle. There is always the odd reason not to though as you point out, It is also not practical in the case of vehicle hire as these are often very short periods of time.

2 hours ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Seems like a very sensible approach, but I'm very puzzled by the "I'll put a tag on your record" Which record would that be? ANPR cameras normally do instantaneous look ups on a number of databases to show MOT, Tax and registered keeper. The police can add your number plate to the ANPR camera system as a VOI (vehicle of interest) and if you pass any of the cameras it will ping them an alert in real time so they can trace and track a car.

Probably through PNC, the Police National Computer which I'm probably still on from my happy days in C&E when I was authorised to transport all manner of stuff including Section 5 firearms, in my own car rather than a marked up 'works motor'.

7 hours ago, EastCoastIPA said:

That would not explain why tickets etc come via the car provider, could be due to company lease not personal