Breaking News

JennyMorgan

I must say, this insistence on exclusivity is wishful thinking in this age of social media and it could easily appear cliquey, as well as snobbish.

I always remember, in the days when TV had only 3 main channels and I spent a couple of weeks in the Naval base at Portland on a training course as a flight deck officer. The base covered a great deal of naval training then, so the officers' mess was a big place. There were two television rooms : the TV on the ground floor was tuned permanently to BBC1 and the one on the first floor was tuned to BBC2.

ITV was simply not acknowledged, in a Naval wardroom!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The main reason for not mentioning the other forums is a gentlemans agreement between the forum owners at the time, after a period where arguments would start on one forum, then spread to all the available forums (much as still happens on facebook) with people not knowing what was being said elsewhere and utter confusion reigning, it came down to agreeing that each forum would effectively ignore each other and not allow cross forum links, to try and prevent these heated discussions of the day spreading across the forums.

Mostly it has worked, but we do still see the veiled hints of the continuance.

Facebook of course has a lot to answer for, as anyone can set up a group and say what they want, of course, that doesnt mean they are right to say it, but thats how it goes.

Here on the NBN, and our facebook page we like to make sure that  we comply with all the current regulations governing forums (and there is a lot of technical regulations covering what can and cannot be posted that we have to either keep abreast of or try and proof the forum against future upcoming legislation (and an awful number of forums and facebook groups dont comply with these regulations)).

We do this to ensure that this forum does comply and that it will this still be here for you lot to post to.

This is the basis of a lot of the TOS, which is why we get upset when people ignore the moderator hints to calm things down, generally we are usually trying to steer threads away from violations of the regulations, while trying not to restrict your ability to say what you wish. a lot of it is about treating people with respect and not crossing the barriers of racism, equality and any other ism you care to name nowadays.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

The EDP today says that a man in his 50s was arrested and released on bail. It seems to revolve around a ‘domestic incident’ and involved a boat chase on the Bure with Everitt Marine Services helping out. A fairly small speed (?) boat involved and there was ‘concern for a woman’s safety’. Police apparently guarded the vessel all night. Hope this helps to put a little more meat on the bones for those interested.

• Thanks 1

Someone in his 50s should know better in my opinion.     Reading it through brought back memories of that young lady who was killed when her so called 'boyfriend' sped up the Thames.     If as has been spoken about it was a speedboat it sounds a very similar instance.    The word domestic conjurers up the scenario of a blazing row after a day out.

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

Someone in his 50s should know better in my opinion.     Reading it through brought back memories of that young lady who was killed when her so called 'boyfriend' sped up the Thames.     If as has been spoken about it was a speedboat it sounds a very similar instance.    The word domestic conjurers up the scenario of a blazing row after a day out.

Well, I suppose we are all free to speculate, for the lack of any actual facts . . . .