Freezing

PaulMargaret

7 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Is the OP on a Swan boat then?

No, Star Gem I believe M. Its quite an old boat and I suspect the heating system is not up to scratch. Probably in dire need of end of season maintenance. I feel so sorry for them, a better boat with bow thrusters could have made all the difference. 

But of course hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

• Like 1

Thank you letting me know,    we have Swan Reflection Sept 21 (pushed back from May this year)   and I do hope the heating system is working on that one.  It is such a shame that their introduction to being on a hire boat has not exactly been gripping shall we say.    I agree about it being an old tired boat.      You do tend to learn as you go along.   I know in the past we have sat on a hire boat looking through the brochures at the time and seeing other better more suited boats and then you hire that one the next year.   Or rather that happened in normal times.   Roll on normal times once more.   Life is passing us by rapidly and I wish like millions of others that this darn virus would clear off , pronto.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hylander said:

we have Swan Reflection Sept 21 (pushed back from May this year)   and I do hope the heating system is working on that one

We had Reflection 2 in March and were very snug and cosy. Managed to book it again for March next year ... just! I’ve recommended it to so many people that there was almost no availability! 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, PaulMargaret said:

So we got up this morning put the heating on about 7.00am and it was blowing warm are thanks guys your all amazing I will let you know when we have next moored up safely 

Don't know about where you were moored this morning but down here on Oulton Broad it was a grand, autumn morning with plenty of blue in the sky at 7.00. Good time to be out on the bank! Greying over a little now though but still a grand morning. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Swancraft were very on the ball with what customers wanted I.e. plenty of hot water, good heating and double battery systems. The calorifier on some boats is the same size as a Watneys party seven :default_norty:

Because they listened to customers and either added things during the winter or built them into the next build where possible.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PaulMargaret said:

Arrived at Ranworth couldn't moor so we have moored stern on at the island will stay here now and head for Wroxham tomorrow because there was no other boats managed to moor ok just reversed until I hit the bank and tv shot of the cabinet lol

Well done - can I hear a tad touch of happiness coming through now.    I can assure you that by the time you go home you will wonder why you had your doubts.   The Broads are very addictive and once it has you in its grip then you are done for.  You will be back time and time again and remember all of us bar none have learned the way you are.        I know one thing there are a lot of us on here very envious of you being on the water.    Make the most of every day and each other.   I personally think your boat looks just the ticket for 2.    You cannot beat the older type boat for design.   Nowadays whoever must work for IKEA.

God bless

• Like 2