Ongoing Incident At Wroxham

thunder

I have copied and pasted this because I think the last paragraph is very poignant at this time.    Be kind to one another and take time to speak to people , even at a distance.   Some old folk do not speak to a soul all day long.

The casualty, who was cold shivering and showing mild signs of hypothermia was taken onboard by the rescue team and wrapped up in foil and other blankets to restore heat, while the rescue boat returned to their launch point where the ambulance was waiting. After handing the casualty over to the care of the Ambulance crew, the rescue boat was recovered, and the crew returned to the station to complete the wash-down and prepare the equipment for the next emergency call.

Mental health in these difficult times is a constant concern and we should make the effort to look after those who we know to be vulnerable. Sometimes all it takes a kind word or two. Stay safe from all at Hemsby Lifeboat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Very sad  ,I hope the lady gets help treatment  and support. Mental health has caused  many people serious problems  due to Covad,and always  a greater problem in the winter.

Without knowing the full details or who the woman is this may have nothing to do with Covid, there is a history of a known local woman doing this on several occasions in the past.

Fred

• Like 2

As I've said on here previously Mandy is an ANP in a doctors surgery and is also a fully qualified counsellor and works for MIND on a voluntary basis

Since March, all consultations have been either via phone or zoom, not only has the need for extra counsellors increased but she is dealing more with the mental than the physical side of patients well being in her day job!

Whilst we must do all we can to prevent deaths through actually catching Covid we must also be aware of the potential for loss of life where some people are getting no interaction with other people

I'm lucky, I've never been lonely, have a big circle of friends, make conversation easily and have a loving family to help when  I have felt a bit down

Some peoples only company is through work, wandering around the shops, sitting with a newspaper in the pub or a cup of tea in a cafe

These people are getting none of this at the moment and whilst we must stop the spread of this virus we mustn't forget the possible toll on life through mental illness

• Like 11

I wish the powers that be could read your post Tim. Very well said and so right

I posted in another thread Covid has a lot to answer for, not just how it kills but also how it leaves peoples lives in tatters whether it be through loss of jobs, mental illness, lonliness, the list goes on.

When I next have a wobble about not being able to go out or browse the latest shoes on offer in Next, I'll think on just how fortunate I am and how trivial all that is

I do hope the lady pulled from the river last night is being cared for and wish her well x

• Like 5

The fact that whatever they say to the contary, operations and consultations are being cancelled wholesale is really not helping! Physically and mentally. The waiting list for some disciplines in Norfolk are growing and growing to well over 2x the 18 week NICE target.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

What am I missing here folks, has a link been removed? I see people posting about covid and mental health issues but not why.

If you read the third post down in the thread most of it is a copy and paste from the Hemsby inshore lifeboat. The fact that they posted the last bit tells you much about the situation.

2 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Got it, it didn`t stand out as a link or copy n paste first time.

To be fair to Hylander, she did start her post with "I have copied and pasted this because I think the last paragraph is very poignant at this time."

I'm fairly certain that came from Facebook which many here do not do, so posting a link rather than copying and pasting wouldn't work for many.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Meantime said:

To be fair to Hylander, she did start her post with "I have copied and pasted this because I think the last paragraph is very poignant at this time."

I'm fairly certain that came from Facebook which many here do not do, so posting a link rather than copying and pasting wouldn't work for many.

In no way, shape or form was I having a pop at Hylander and I wan`t the only one to miss the connection.

• Like 2

I work for the OU.

Recently I’ve been getting completely fed up with all the messages from our Vice Chancellor (our ‘chief’) and my Faculty’s weekly newsletter repeatedly mentioning mental health. This thread has reminded me that they are right to flag up this as an issue and remind staff of the support that’s in place. It’s also reminded me that I’m very lucky to be working for such an organisation.

• Like 3

Mentally I am healthy (some may beg to differ :default_biggrin:) I feel sad sometimes, maybe a tad low at others, nothing too serious. I remember a few years back a Lady I met through work although only briefly, she seemed okay on the outside. One day we heard she'd jumped off a cliff at Beachy Head. I just can't contemplate feeling so wretched and desperate forcing you to feel there is no way out and to go to such awful measures

Maybe it is good to talk as the saying goes but I think it's going to take more than talking to get people through this current situation we're all faced with 

Stay safe everyone x

• Like 6