Road Works 2021

TheQ

Yep here we go again,

A new set of road works has appeared, they are digging a hole just outside the laundrette in Wroxham, the lights are from  just south of there to the precinct in Hoveton, with a third set on the side road to Bridge Broad. it was south bound chaos yesterday at about 16:00 jams back past the mini roundabouts in Hoveton and all the way up Church Road.

The road closed is still there on the Avenues.

There are extra traffic lights on the A140, Boundary Road junction for Digital cabling holes in the road, this extends to the Boundary road past Screwfix, where the road is singled but there  are no extra lights.

• Thanks 1

Not roadworks yet, but..

Just the Norwich side of the Green Man pub on the Wroxham road, there is I think a burst water main coming out of the pavement, water is pouring out over the road. That will add to storm Christoph arriving tonight / tomorrow..

The traffic lights and road works at Wroxham Hoveton bridge have gone.

The leak at green man rackheath has been fixed, but the lights are still there.

The road is closed at school road East Ruston, for another water leak.

• Thanks 1

I've been meaning to say for a couple of days, the road works in the Avenues in Wroxham have gone..

I  note they're pile the edges of the quay in Wroxham from where the floods go across the faircraft loynes car park and onto the main road.. I don't think it will make much difference to the floods though..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The roadworks on Norwich Road Wroxham have reappeared, just down between the vets and the boat yard car park. as is usual these days. The hole is in the pavement, but they've taken half the road and put in traffic lights..

• Thanks 1

Strange to be moving a boat to North Walsham, I can only think it's going to Windboats marine for a total rebuild. Or its actually a mould for a new boat..

Travelling today? NHS staff, farm workers, police, factory workers, people going to a supermarket, Amazon, parcel farce, and a myriad other couriers, utilities workers, builders, repair men. TV and radio staff ( crew as well as presenters), take away staff, and many many more..

You don't need to be travelling the whole route, just a bit of it the wrong time. For instance my factory is open 7 days a week, and if I were working today, I'd use just the section of the route from Stalham to the North Walsham junction of the A149 / A1151, and be on earlies or lates so travelling when the load could be going through..

• 2 weeks later...

They are digging up the pavement just at the top of the slope from the Mini roundabouts in Hoveton towards Stalham, They have of course taken 1 lane of the road and put in traffic lights. Interesting going through at 06:00 with an inch of hard packed snow on the road. 

According to a traffic web site there will be no less than 7 sets of road work on the A47 from the NDR to past the Stacey Arms, from today for the next 5 days....

• Thanks 1

On 09/02/2021 at 08:20, TheQ said:

They are digging up the pavement just at the top of the slope from the Mini roundabouts in Hoveton towards Stalham, They have of course taken 1 lane of the road and put in traffic lights. Interesting going through at 06:00 with an inch of hard packed snow on the road. 

According to a traffic web site there will be no less than 7 sets of road work on the A47 from the NDR to past the Stacey Arms, from today for the next 5 days....

Most of the A47 closures are over night for "Horticultural Works" ie hacking back the roadside trees! (well overdue in places)

(I always envisage a gang of gardeners in their headtorches pruning a few rose bushes):default_smile:

The road works are at the Junction of Church road and Horning Road in Hoveton. Today Church road is blocked off (except for access) and Horning road is open.. They have however not taken the signs away from Horning road, just flipped them over, which means Horning road could be blocked again.

If you venture to the big bad city, there was water pouring out of Vulcan road south (by KFC), down onto Boundary road. I suspect there will be a hole dug shortly and it may affect Boundary road traffic.. 

• Thanks 2

There are signs covered up this morning, on the Stalham road north of Hoveton, for more road works. just before the Barton Turf turning.

Norwich road, Sprowston just before the brickmakers roundabout  single lane working with traffic lights.

• Thanks 1

Both the road works at the top of the slope above the mini roundabouts in Hoveton and

the roadworks north of Hoveton before the Barton Broad turning have cleared..

It's getting near roadworks on the Hoveton / Wroxham Bridge. 

The road will be temporarily closed  from 9th March 2021 to 13th March 2021 (Night closures) from 18:30 to 06:00

• Thanks 2

On 17/02/2021 at 06:47, TheQ said:

The road works are at the Junction of Church road and Horning Road in Hoveton. Today Church road is blocked off (except for access) and Horning road is open.

This one is still ongoing. I saw that the dates had been extended although the signs might not reflect that. It was certainly a very big hole! Sewer construction work or something. 

• Thanks 1