What Is It?

pastboating

It's a pontoon boat, although it looks like the side railings have been removed.  There are quite a few on various lakes in the USA and they can get a move on with a big enough outboard.

There was one pottering about Wroxham a few years ago but no idea who owned it.

image.png.59564cccadb87d6899138d251cdf43a2.png

• Like 1

It's the rather tasty 'trawler yacht', left of centre, middle one of three cruisers, that triggers my inquisitive mind! Surely that one is landlocked? She certainly won't pass under Potter, Ludham or Wroxham, I even wonder if she'll pass under Acle let alone Vauxhall at Yarmouth? If I had a boat like that then she'd be at Lowestoft Marina, ready for a bash out to sea!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

It's the rather tasty 'trawler yacht', left of centre, middle one of three cruisers, that triggers my inquisitive mind! Surely that one is landlocked? She certainly won't pass under Potter, Ludham or Wroxham, I even wonder if she'll pass under Acle let alone Vauxhall at Yarmouth? If I had a boat like that then she'd be at Lowestoft Marina, ready for a bash out to sea!

I tried, and failed, to find any info on that boat just last week. I was desperately trying to make out it's name (it looks like 'Souvenir') on Barnes' webcam :8_laughing:

• Like 1

I believe Barnes acquired the boat when they bought the Moore's fleet who I believe used it for transferring people, things and staff from the Peninsula cottages and boatyards. Kris cruisers on the Thames have had a couple as day boats and possibly WRC may have one to transfer people over to the nature reserve

Neil

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain said:

I believe Barnes acquired the boat when they bought the Moore's fleet who I believe used it for transferring people, things and staff from the Peninsula cottages and boatyards. Kris cruisers on the Thames have had a couple as day boats and possibly WRC may have one to transfer people over to the nature reserve

Neil

I know about the Kris Cruiser ones, I worked on them!  Bill Maxted was involved with them for a while although the two at KC now have normal hulls and Nannis as opposed to the pontoon and outboard versions which were sold off.

• Like 1

Pedro Bora 43 - manufacturer's air draft +/- 3.20m

Kath & I looked at one (secondhand) a few years ago, very traditional, very well made but not for us at the time. I have a soft spot for trawler yachts, having spent several weekends messing around on a colleagues boat in and around Vancouver Island (Beneteau Swift 52)

1 hour ago, marshman said:

Easy peasy - put it on a lorry!!!

There are one or two that have arrived that way and similarly can only depart that way!

There appears to me to be a vast untapped market for super delux mansion-afloats on the Broad. The Nav Regs allow for 65' replica Wherries, now there is a thought, static wherries! Can always have a radar dome on the masthead for those who want something that they really don't need!