Missing Reply Option

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

Thanks Smoggy, all becomes clear. I shall leave that debate to the in crowd and return my attention to those threads available to the plebeian class. 

The following at the top of the public information board section probably explains it

Public Information Board

Public Information Posts - Read Only

This is for General non Broads specific announcements.

If you need to post a general public information post please contact one of the team.

Would be interesting who you need to be to be able to post there. I would understand not allowing nonmembers from posting but other than our chairman, mods and committee I thought we were all equal here or is it that some are more equal than others.:default_biggrin:

Anyway my comment I would have added to the thread was the appalling coverage of the races. Where are the highlights at a more sensible time for the less nocturnal ones among us. If had been football god knows how much peak viewing times it would have taken. Let’s hope we can do better tomorrow as today was a disaster.

Colin :default_beerchug:

n.b. Ok, just read Meantimes post which answers my comments. Maybe a new thread to discus the cup would be a good idea.

24 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Public Information Posts - Read Only

which would be all well and good were there not already a number of replies on the thread, which belies that comment somewhat and reinforces Islander's opinion of different levels of equality. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Perhaps the "unworthy", " not part of the In Crowd" will think twice before jumping to the wrong conclusions. :default_beerchug:

Profound apologies m'lord. We shall try to remember our place in future, jumping shoes firmly put away. If i see any other potential glitches on the forum I shall leave it to my betters to report them. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Paul said:

which would be all well and good were there not already a number of replies on the thread, which belies that comment somewhat and reinforces Islander's opinion of different levels of equality. 

I believe you will find that all members are equal and then you have the Mods! A lot of the mods do not appear on the surface to be mods and therefore it is up to the astute amongst us to look for the hidden clues, such as those who can reply to read only posts, or magically change the title of threads. They have even been known to wave their magic wand and merge threads from time to time. It appears there are more of the underclass (mods) amongst us than ever before! :default_norty: :default_jumelles::default_coat: 

• Haha 1

crikey, as if the unmarked police cars on the M42 are not enough to deal with, you are now telling me we have plain clothes moderators moving amongst us? 

Just for the record, I know my place, I am the underclass, that happy class. I have owned a Mondeo but was never deceived by Mr Blair's attempts to recategorise us. We are the doers, the grafters which built this once proud nation, which built the greatest empire the world ever knew before "berks in shirts" sold it all to the highest bidder. 

• Like 3