***** F1 Spoiler *****

4 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

I can see a war on how mirrors can be mounted to the cars developing along with stricter controls on track limits and more drivers driving with their elbows out this season. Hoping for close racing throughout the field.

I’m interested to see whether the newly designed side pods on the Mercedes are actually there for aerodynamic effect or to help Verstappen take off when he gets a bit close!! 😁

• Haha 3

Should be another good season.. Let’s hope it’s all raced fair and square and let them race.. Bring back the friendly banter Between drivers and teams The cars look great this season.. 

I do hope the drivers leave there politics away from the race scene. All we want is to watch a good race and not what they think should be right and wrong in the world.

Just 2 hours of pure F1 is all we want .. 

• Like 1

Yes, haven't watched the highlights yet but listened to the whole race on Radio 5 live. Bit of what goes round, comes round methinks!? Far too early to predict any trend but I think Mercedes will come on strong once they've sorted out the "porpoising" problem.  Great for Ferrari and Russell drove a good race.  Looking forward to this weekend!

Chris

• Like 1

I was a great end to the race - and yes, it felt like some 'karma' was going around with the 2 DNF's (although technically I think they did finish according to the official results).

Very early of course to predict anything, but surely the zero points for both RB drivers could be crucial by the end of the season, for both the Drivers' and Constructors' Championship standings. It is for sure going to be much closer this year. As they say, "to finish first, first you have to finish"

I thought Merc, and in particular George Russell, did very well, considering their cars were not performing that well. They just kept at it, and kept calm. Contrast that with the panic you could hear from Verstappen over the radio towards the end.

And yes, great to see a Ferrari 1-2 for a change, from the Merc/RB domination of recent times. They have clearly done a good job in developing the car for the new regulations.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

The Mercedes cars are a long way off what they should be, as are the Maclarens. Williams showed some promise which is good to see.

Who put the sugar in the Red Bull fuel tanks ?  :default_smiley-angelic002:

Perhaps someone slipped some Red Bull into their tanks (might have prevented their fuel problem) :default_icon_e_biggrin:

Chris

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Being dropped to the track after a tyre change and bending a track rod is being offered for the RB steering problems, if so then someone in the design department needs their **** kicked.  

But then they were consistently 1/2 second quicker at the stops than Mercedes, maybe that's where they made the time gain...:default_jumelles:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Being dropped to the track after a tyre change and bending a track rod is being offered for the RB steering problems, if so then someone in the design department needs their **** kicked.  

They obviously forgot that the wheels are a lot heavier than last season!! :default_unsure:

Chris

• Haha 1