***** F1 Spoiler *****

4 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Bikertov You left out 2021 World Champion 🏆

Purely by virtue of a dodgy decision by the race director.  Sadly, for a lot of people will remember this season for a hollow victory settling the championship.  You may have the result you wanted, but it was not won without the help of Michael Masi.

F1 is the loser here.  Credibility of the ruling body can never have been so low and a lot of fans will switch off unless it is satisfactorily resolved.

• Like 2

Just now, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Here’s a question …

What if Lewis Hamilton had won yesterdays race… The exact same scenario as Max Verstappen..

Would you all be up in arms and calling him a cheat and dirty racer….?? 

How is he a dirty racer?  Did he park his car on Verstappen’s head and walk away.  One day Crashtappen’s antics will result in a serious accident where someone gets severely injured. Not a sportsman in my book.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Here’s a question …

What if Lewis Hamilton had won yesterdays race… The exact same scenario as Max Verstappen..

I wouldn't have been happy  at all. That said Mercedes should drop their appeal and threat of legal action. Hamilton showed a lot of class and good grace yesterday, follow suit Toto. It's happened, move on. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

How is he a dirty racer?  Did he park his car on Verstappen’s head and walk away.  One day Crashtappen’s antics will result in a serious accident where someone gets severely injured. Not a sportsman in my book.

I asked a simple question and you automatically divert away from what I asked.. That was a racing incident I’m not on about the past .. I’ve asked a question if the shoe was on the other foot…

13 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Here’s a question …

MV is called a dirty racer because of other incidents, not just yesterday's. 

20 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Here’s a question …

But the scenario could never have been the same, because their attitudes and styles of driving are very different.

I personally think that Lewis has gained far less by far, following questionable decisions by the Race Director and FIA, compared to Max. And his driving is also far less questionable. 

13 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

I asked a simple question and you automatically divert away from what I asked.. That was a racing incident I’m not on about the past .. I’ve asked a question if the shoe was on the other foot…

If the shoe was on the other foot and LH had won, which he would’ve without Masi’s intervention, the championship would have been decided on the track and not in the steward’s office.  If Verstappen had won on the track, without the race director’s help, no problem from me.

Hamilton behaved as a good sportsman should, with grace and dignity, despite how he’d been deprived of the World Championship.  No dummy spitting, no public show of temper.  I wonder how MV would have behaved if the shoe was on the other foot.

• Like 2

As far as MV is concerned, it will probably be regarded as a hollow victory - to be able to win only with the help of the Race Director will hardly endear him to his fellow drivers, several of whom have been openly critical of the tactics and the way the events unfolded.

Ah well, you make your bed and lie on it - he will never be regarded as a worthy victor of the 2021 World Championship and  I suspect the whole team will impacted. A little phrase from the past comes to mind, and you can include Christian Horner and Red Bull in this - cheats never prosper! 

Perhaps a bit harsh but thats what happened - a worthy World Champion? I think not, outside of the Netherlands,I guess!

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

If the shoe was on the other foot and LH had won, which he would’ve without Masi’s intervention, the championship would have been decided on the track and not in the steward’s office.  If Verstappen had won on the track, without the race director’s help, no problem from me.

Hamilton behaved as a good sportsman should, with grace and dignity, despite how he’d been deprived of the World Championship.  No dummy spitting, no public show of temper.  I wonder how MV would have behaved if the shoe was on the other foot.

Still avoiding the answer to the question I asked… Nothing to do how sportsmanship he is… I asked a question.. But everyone seems to divert away from the question…

So I will answer it..
if Red bull had of lost and they went to the stewards with there barrister and demanding unfair… everyone would be shouting and screaming saying that Lewis had won fair and square.. Am I correct ???

I cannot believe that a "driver" of an F1 car can be allowed to force a proper driver off the road more than once in a race without having his wrist slapped by the people who are supposed to see "fair play" throughout the race.

It's not the first time either  -  remember the conversation asking Red Bull to take a change of grid position IF they agreed with it.       It makes you wonder how much Red Bull had to pay for the "no Action" decision.

I have read somewhere that RB have asked for permission to fit bull bars to MV's car ready for next year !!!

Jeff

1 hour ago, marshman said:

I suspect less people will watch  next year, knowing it is effectively fixed!

well I for one wont be watching (mind you I havent been watching for at least 15 years)

as for actually paying to watch, well... I fear I feel some yorkshire ancestry rising in me.

7 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Still avoiding the answer to the question I asked… Nothing to do how sportsmanship he is… I asked a question.. But everyone seems to divert away from the question…

So I will answer it..
if Red bull had of lost and they went to the stewards with there barrister and demanding unfair… everyone would be shouting and screaming saying that Lewis had won fair and square.. Am I correct ???

I think Christian Horner would have had a job on his hands having told millions of us that 10 laps out, he had resigned himself to losing to a worthy oponent, to then try and say his man deserved to win on a technicality would have been a bit rich. Of course, that wouldn't have stopped him having a go I'm sure.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, floydraser said:

Although we all seem to agree it's bad for the sport, who could not watch it next year to see what happens? They were talking about new construction rules (wheels, barge boards?), and two drivers determined to prove a point. All the organisers have to do is make it credible....:default_ph34r:

me, i couldnt care less.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

So I will answer it..

No

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

So I will answer it..

If Lewis had won the race on the track, without the help of the race director, of course it would have been fair and square.  Surely, motor racing is about what happens on the track, not about how the course of a race can be affected by the decision of the race director, which is clearly not in accord with the rules.

I cannot think of another branch of motorsport which has been so badly affected by interference by the race stewards.  It has cast a shadow over F1 and I would imagine that a fair few people will be put off by a sport that has more to do with team managers and coercion than the action on the track.

I’ve said it before and will repeat shameful, disgraceful, farcical.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

That's why I don't pay, but watch the highlights on Channel 4 :default_biggrin:

Same here! Although for the last few races I’ve listened to radio 5 live on my phone and if I feel that the race has been farcical, then I don’t even bother with the highlights :default_biggrin:

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

So I will answer it..

No you're not correct, and everyone has not diverted away from question, I answered your question shortly after you asked it.