***** F1 Spoiler *****

I'm  not a fan of Verstappen. Just think he often likes playing  bumper cars.No doubt with Red Bull this season  he has a very good car.Its true its not over until the big girl sings.Think Lewis will try at least  one more World Championship. For the future  Britain  has some exciting drivers,and I think soon there could be a woman  getting a seat.

• Like 2

What doesn't impress me (mild description to stay within the TOS :default_biggrin:) is the fact that teams can pit their car(s) during the last couple of laps so that they can grab a point for the fastest lap :default_icon_evil: With the amount of rules in place now (and I think some are irrelevant), why not add another rule in preventing teams pitting during the last half a dozen laps, unless there is massive tyre degradation? I know it could be difficult to monitor but hey - it seems the FIA/stewards make their own minds up to suit the event anyway!!  LH drove and absolutely stunning and masterful race in my opinion, most probably the best of his career and justice was served!

Chris

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CeePee1952 said:

What doesn't impress me (mild description to stay within the TOS :default_biggrin:) is the fact that teams can pit their car(s) during the last couple of laps so that they can grab a point for the fastest lap :default_icon_evil: With the amount of rules in place now (and I think some are irrelevant), why not add another rule in preventing teams pitting during the last half a dozen laps, unless there is massive tyre degradation? I know it could be difficult to monitor but hey - it seems the FIA/stewards make their own minds up to suit the event anyway!!  LH drove and absolutely stunning and masterful race in my opinion, most probably the best of his career and justice was served!

Chris

Actually, I don't have an issue with pitting for the fastest lap.

If a driver has built up enough of a gap to the next car to allow a pit stop, and wants to take the risks involved - remember they can and do go wrong sometimes - then good luck to them.

Surely it is all part of the tactics ?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Actually, I don't have an issue with pitting for the fastest lap.

If a driver has built up enough of a gap to the next car to allow a pit stop, and wants to take the risks involved - remember they can and do go wrong sometimes - then good luck to them.

Surely it is all part of the tactics ?

I agree, remember Bottas coming in for new tyres and one wheel wouldnt come off so he was out of the race.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Much as I have gone right off LH as a person, As a professional driver, yesterdays outing was simply fantastic

Griff

Understand why you say that with LH getting involved with other things outside of the sport and whilst both Lewis and Max are great drivers I cant warm to Max while he thinks all others are idiots and gobbing off all the time. ie "That`s what you get when you dont give me room!" after parking the car on top of another.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Hamilton thinks he has problems with Max…

Just wait for next year when he gets George Russell as his new team mate.

.The team mate Hamilton didn’t want.. 

George will be his biggest Threat.. Lets hope so 🤣🤣🤣 

It would be great to see Max win his first Championship..  

It was all going so well, until your last line. :default_biggrin:

I just hope Verstappen doesn't do a decent Schumacher impression in the remaining races,as he was halfway to one on Sunday. 

3 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

. . . . . . . . . . It would be great to see Max win his first Championship..  

I don’t think so.  He needs to learn a little humility first.  LH hasn’t been my favourite driver for some time, but Verstappens attitude to other drivers is abominable.  It’s okay to have ambitions, but not by attempting to maim your closest rival to the title.

Mr Horners comments about LH at Silverstone were quite uncomplimentary, but he seems to have condoned Max’s antics since, including at Monza and Brazil.

That said, I do hope that George Russell has something to say about Verstappen and Hamilton next season.

• Like 2

Max still has to mature a little bit but I am glad he is making it difficult for Lewis. Not having an easy run will get him used to having George Russell as an equal next year.

I think Lewis will get No. 8 this year and then it is open to Max, George and Lewis next year.

Mercedes engines seem to have been less reliable this year.

• Like 3