***** F1 Spoiler *****

1 hour ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Not the most exciting race I’ve seen. Let’s face it ive seen more action and better overtaking this weekend in my local Asda car park.. 

Yet again sky F1 have turned it into the Lewis Hamilton show again waste of £18.. 

Nice win for the two Ferrari’s 👍👍

Watch the highlights on C4 (HD) - free of charge :default_eusa_dance:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Your probably find there’s not much difference in the weight from last seasons tyre weights of 9.5 kg on the front and 11.5kg on the rears .. 

Yes on checking, the tyres for this season are 2.5 kg each heavier on the front and 3 kg each heavier on the back.

Chris

3 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Better not go kerb jumping then. :default_biggrin:

That could be an interesting aspect to the racing this season; I'm clearly not old enough to remember when F1 cars had "skirts" before (:default_icon_liar:) but Grandad told me that riding over the kerbs damaged them, destroying the ground effect.

5 minutes ago, floydraser said:

That could be an interesting aspect to the racing this season; I'm clearly not old enough to remember when F1 cars had "skirts" before (:default_icon_liar:) but Grandad told me that riding over the kerbs damaged them, destroying the ground effect.

Does Grandad recall the ground sucking fan cars or the sliding side skirts?

4 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Any world champion of any sport must earn the title not have it handed to them through human error.

So you are saying Lewis should have won the last race of 2021, and already have his 8th title, as human error handed it to Max.

Surely that depends on which driver you favour ...

Maybe if MV is to your liking, but if you are a fan of Sir Lewis, then his unfortunate timing to pit, just missing out when they closed the pitlane, cost him a few places and points.

But overall, an exciting end to the race. Although I must say, the track is not a favourite of mine - overtaking is not very easy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They did seem to be very focused on Lewis Hamilton trying and failing to get past the car in front of him. And loved it when Verstappen lapped him. 

I thought it was great to see George Russell hold onto his place. 

But what’s this obsession with DRS. It feels as if it disadvantages the car in front if DRS makes so much difference to someone behind them getting past. 

• Like 1

I wont bore you with the details but there came a point in F1 where apart from a mistake being made by the driver ahead it was neigh on impossible for the following car to get close enough to attempt a pass so DRS was invented.

With the design of this years cars there are talks of doing away with it but as expected talks have split the teams with some for and others against the idea.

Yesterdays race was a damp squid until the track dried out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Thought is was a very good race.Glad to see that the Driver was okay after such a nasty crash. For sure the halo helped.Glad to see that Lewis put up a good show, think he was a bit unlucky  not taking top spot,nonetheless much improved. I hope it continues 

• Like 4

Thoroughly enjoyed this one, especially the racing towards the end. Great to see Carlos Sainz get the win. Shame George Russell didn’t get a chance but enjoyed seeing Lewis Hamilton make the podium too. 👍

• Like 4