***** F1 Spoiler *****

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I'm looking  forward to next season,and very much hope Lewis gets title number eight.Which I'm sure he will do.

I think the new regulations will be interesting, in that everyone starts from a similar place, with little historic development. It could be much more of a leveller, and will show up who is actually the better driver. And it will also be good to see how George Russell gets on at Mercedes alongside Lewis.

• Like 2

The rule makes it very clear that any cars that have been lapped by the leader have to be allowed to pass the leading cars and the safety car before the race is restarted and Masi did not allow that to happen. Just the five cars between LH and MV

It's very important for Mercedes to give the message that racing is the most important thing to this sport and that they respect the outcome of the race on the track.

But they must also accept the fact that commercially this is a sport that revolves around money.

They have obligations to Lewis Hamilton, their team, their sponsors and many other people.

It may be not so much they want to challenge this decision - that they want this season to be decided before a committee of arbitrators - but simply that they don't have any choice."

Griff

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Why am I not correct.. ??
Yours was the only closest reply back. 

You're not correct because you claimed if the situation were reversed everyone would claim Hamilton won it fair and square, I'm not everyone and wouldn't be claiming that. You also claimed that everyone diverted away from the answer, I didn't.  You're all over the place, still, you are a Verstappen fan! :default_norty:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

"It may be not so much they want to challenge this decision - that they want this season to be decided before a committee of arbitrators - but simply that they don't have any choice."

Absolutely. Mercedes are involved in F1 because it helps sell cars, no other reason.

Win on a Sunday and sell on a Monday, as the saying goes. It's an aspirational brand and the racing pedigree is all part of maintaining that brand image.

Not having the driver's champion will (indirectly) cost them a lot of money, even though they did take the constructors again.

I think the silence from the Mercedes team after the race said it all. They know there's not much they can do, but they also know the board back in Stuttgart will be expecting them to appeal.

53 minutes ago, marshman said:

I believe they might have said they will not do that now.

Not sure about that yet, they've got until 1900 hrs tomorrow to lodge their appeal regarding FIA/Masi's decision on the lapped car controversy.  Anyway, arise Sir Lewis Hamilton, he received his knighthood from Prince Charles this morning.

Chris

• Like 4

I think everyone involved in F1 should have an interest in preventing the same, or a similar thing happening in the future. If it takes an appeal to make sure something's done then so be it. If nobody makes any noise there's surely a danger that those at the top will sit on their hands. I doubt it, but you never know.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, twowrights said:

You're not correct because you claimed if the situation were reversed everyone would claim Hamilton won it fair and square, I'm not everyone and wouldn't be claiming that. You also claimed that everyone diverted away from the answer, I didn't.  You're all over the place, still, you are a Verstappen fan! :default_norty:

Sorry to disappoint you.... But I’m fan of all the drivers in F1..  Great bunch all with different classes of driving Great sense of humour...

But my Top driver I keep a close eye on is our Local lad Lando Norris..my Next door neighbour bless her use to look after him at playschool.. 

I love watching a great race good driving and not worried who wins.. 

Oh and going back to the race on Sunday there was only one top driver and that was Sergio Perez in my eyes.. shame his tyres was on the limit but great bit of driving with Sir Hamalot.. That’s the kind of racing we need for 2022.

Its great to see others on here With the passion for the sport .. We could all go on and say what was right what was wrong on Sunday.. just got to look forward to 2022..it’s going to be very interesting to see how the winter testing goes especially running on 18” rims..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

But my Top driver I keep a close eye on is our Local lad Lando Norris..my Next door neighbour bless her use to look after him at playschool.. 

I really like Lando - seems really lovely and genuine guy.

Saw him briefly at Goodwood FOS in the summer, and he was great with the crowd and fans 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CeePee1952 said:

Not sure about that yet, they've got until 1900 hrs tomorrow to lodge their appeal regarding FIA/Masi's decision on the lapped car controversy.  Anyway, arise Sir Lewis Hamilton, he received his knighthood from Prince Charles this morning.

Chris

Well, Marshman you were right!  Mercedes have decided not to pursue their appeal.  Link here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59681314

I hope that at the end of it all and before the new season starts, Masi is "relinquished" of his appointment and someone with a bit more sense and consistency takes over. I think there has to be more consistency with the stewards as well although how they'll achieve that is the million dollar question!

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The whole procedures are to be changed ie No more direct contact to race director, now to be a small team of people involved on race day, changes to rules under the pace/ safety car and yellow flags and something about a man away from the track doing some kind of VAR check.

At least they have owned up to what happened.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Link here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60418716

And about time too, if I may add.

The fiasco ruined what was the most exciting season for a long time, and cast a shadow of doubt over MV's championship win.

In my humble opinion, Verstappen winning the championship due to a decision by the race director totally against the rules will forever taint the result, especially with the release of details of a conversation between Red Bull and Masi during the safety car period.  The fact that he possibly deserved it based on results through the season is forever overshadowed by the controversy surrounding the result of the last race.

Lets hope that changes to the specifications of the cars and better race management result in a season without disputed results and closer racing, although I’m sure Whinger Spice will find something to mither about.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

Any thoughts on what the new season will bring ?

I can see a war on how mirrors can be mounted to the cars developing along with stricter controls on track limits and more drivers driving with their elbows out this season. Hoping for close racing throughout the field.

• Like 2