Reedham Ferry Vacancy

Hylander

4 minutes ago, Aboattime said:

Have you tried the New Inn Horning,? Very poor, such a shame

News must travel fast, the Swan & the Ferry in Horning are very busy but the New Inn always seems quiet when we pass, it took us an hour and a half last summer to get a drink despite repeated requests to staff and at one point I actually went to the bar all to no avail, we saw other locals walk out because of the wait.

Guest Jayfire
23 minutes ago, Jemaki said:

It took us an hour and a half last summer to get a drink despite repeated requests to staff and at one point I actually went to the bar all to no avail, we saw other locals walk out because of the wait.

Haven't been in since the latest relaxing of lockdown rules yet but I had a similar problem waiting around last year

They are currently advertising for staff in all areas at the moment though so hopefully they will soon be able to improve the service.

They'll still get my support like all Broadland pubs whenever I'm able to and I hope they can get sorted quickly to earn the custom they need in order to remain open :default_beerchug:

4 hours ago, vanessan said:

Isn’t the New Inn Horning under new management? 

Yes apparently by the same people who run the Malsters at Ranworth.Its a shadow of what it used to be when it was run by Anne the manager. It used to be our favourite broadland pub, we always moored and eat there, and used to go to there quiz nights.Sadly its a shambles, we went in last week, our drinks order was wrong and 2 meals eventually came when only 1 was ordered,the table next to us waited an hour and half for there meal.Dont think it could be worse.

• Sad 1

I as speaking to a public or a southern Broards pub/resteraunt just after the opening for outdoor serving he said when he contacted all his staff (who were all on furrow) prior to the Monday opening all of them had an a problem with returning to work and non of them did

absolutely disgraceful people have had it too easy and become lazy they should have to return  the money  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Fredrick said:

I as speaking to a public or a southern Broards pub/resteraunt just after the opening for outdoor serving he said when he contacted all his staff (who were all on furrow) prior to the Monday opening all of them had an a problem with returning to work and non of them did

absolutely disgraceful people have had it too easy and become lazy they should have to return  the money  

Totally disagree.

The rules state you could work in any other job, except the one you are furloughed from, and many did. don't forget you was not getting 100 percent of your wages. 

That's the system the government set up.

• Like 1

Without the governments Job retention scheme very few pubs and other businesses would be in a position to open and huge numbers of people would be unemployed.

The flexibility of the scheme enabled some to fill temporary jobs in social care, agriculture and deliveries.

All of my staff would rather have worked than be on furlough.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

:default_ohmy:

My OP was about a vacancy on the Reedham Ferry.      I would have thought that there would be people queuing up for this interesting position.     It has gone from a simple announcement of a vacancy,   to the state of the Pubs in the area to the misuse of The Furlough Scheme.   You could not make it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Hylander said:

:default_ohmy:

My OP was about a vacancy on the Reedham Ferry.      I would have thought that there would be people queuing up for this interesting position.     It has gone from a simple announcement of a vacancy,   to the state of the Pubs in the area to the misuse of The Furlough Scheme.   You could not make it up.

All depends on the hourly rate.

Speaking to our apprentices, there is no end of jobs at the legal minimum of £8.72 but this is really not enough for the younger lot.

I don't know how much this position pays but hopefully way above minimum. A great position in a very interesting place if it pays  

As someone  who was furloughed,then took VR.Dont think I had it easy.There is without doubt many have left catering. Many starting new careers,not out of choice. Think in time things will re balance. Think some people  should find out why people  have not returned  to certain  jobs before making  comments about being lazy or returning  money.Most people  I have worked  with in nearly 50 years are hard working, and far from lazy and love the business. 

• Like 5