Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

6 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Left the wet shed just before 08:00hrs warm but very blustery as a result we changed our plans , yup you’ve guessed it , we are now moored at Ranworth adjacent to the taxi rank but will be able to acquire it in an hour when the current occupier departs .

The boat moored next to us in the taxi rank is a self built and designed wooden fully electric very unusual design vessel she doesn’t even have plug in capabilities yet they can cruise for hours and the array of solar panels on the roof keep her fully charged by the morning after mooring .

The picture below is with the consent of the owner and builder 

IMG_4731.jpeg

I can just imagine the quay attendants on a dull dday going out and telling them they have overstayed their 24 hours, only to be told they have no propulsion due to a lack of sunshine, and no charging cable.

• Haha 2

I've spoken to the owner builder, it wasn't cheap but it re charges very quickly both domestic and propulsion. It can be plugged in but he has never had to. An amazing waste system too as the holding tank had to be in the bow.

If the owner reads this it was a pleasure to meet you and keep enjoying your boat.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 2

Back in the wet shed (sadly) working today , yesterday was wonderful weather and we moored at Gays staithe and had barbecued prawns for a late lunch , later on I took Bramble for her walk which surprisingly saw me at the White Horse for a few Blackshore stouts , the cruise back to the wet shed was wonderful , bright blue sky and sunshine 

IMG_4737.jpeg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Looks nice there can you walk from the moorings?

Yes doable but a fair hike there and back and don’t walk down the main road to it as quite a few people seem to be doing (narrow main road and no footpath ). Go straight across the road at the stag, it is signposted Salhouse train station. Go down the  edge of 2 fields on footpath then go left looking for the field gate (may have to climb over). Still a bit of main road to contend with but not as bad.

We live just  down the road and can’t see the big attraction tbh.

Now a nice walk from the moorings to Salhouse lodge highly recommended. 

John 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the way to the wetshed we popped into “The Big Shop” at Womack and booked their dyke for this evening , loaded up Pipedreams and had an excellent pump out at Richardsons (£20) dearer than some but a first rate job .

Left the yard @16:30 and cruised to Womack , there was actually one space left on the staithe but since we have already paid we popped into the dyke by the shop , dinner tonight at the kings arm’s then a relatively early night as I’m knackerred ; we cleared my late mothers property yesterday it’s amazing how much dross builds up over the years , three 3.5 ton Luton vans totally filled plus what we took to the charity shooed (clothing etc) , exchange on the 1st of next month so at least we can close that chapter .

fb4c144b-1322-4f11-8287-ba8899af1bfb.jpeg

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Decided upon a long cruise today , so moved from the big shop dyke to the staithe moorings .

Obligatory visit to the butchers for tonight’s barbecue , Throwers for a bag of ice and now moored up enjoying a negroni and watching the world go by 

Is that your furthest cruise yet? 

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Negroni?

Gin, Campari, Sweet vermouth and orange peel or slice.

We used to prefer  Gin and Mix. Gin, Sweet vermouth and Noilly Prat. But I prefered  a Dry Martini. Gin and Noilly Prat with an Olive, so Judith would add her own Martini Rosso.

• Like 1