Waveny River Centre

3 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

But having to go back to the boat at 8? Seems a bit odd.

I'm not so sure they are not the kitchen times. I don't know who's running the Inn personally, but I suspect currently they are running just to keep up. They don't have a proper website for the pub, they are using a Hotmail email address and Facebook, plus links to and from the main Tingdene websites. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hylander said:

plus nowadays with every other person having an allergy it must be a mine field trying to get it right.

There's no excuse. I had to deal with allergies. That doesn't  mean you just provide easy options. Take burgers as an example. Mayo(eggs),bun,(bread possible soya).That's at least three allergies. To make a homemade pie there may be fewer allergies. It's not about allergies.Its training,and care.Many fast foods willcontain  high risk food allergies. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Gracie said:

but some of us can't cook or won't cook on holiday. My boys prefer I don't cook anyway :default_biggrin:

I can see the problem! Not many recipes call for Prosecco, plus you really shouldn't be adding alcohol when cooking for the children! :default_eusa_naughty: :default_rofl:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

As Pret found out with sesame seeds, as long as alergens are known they shouldn't be an issue.

There are 14 allergens. That all In the food industry MUST work to.In my last job.I had to list any in a dish we prepared.That is no excuse  for taking the easy option. 

Having just passed WRC yesterday and today, there are no obvious visitor moorings available so I'm grateful to read above that they are. The space on the front looks like a short-stop water and pump out place like it always was. There is nothing whatsoever to motivate boaters to stop overnight. I think the fact the marina is full of brokerage boats and private moorings contributed to my impression.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Having just passed WRC yesterday and today, there are no obvious visitor moorings available so I'm grateful to read above that they are. The space on the front looks like a short-stop water and pump out place like it always was. There is nothing whatsoever to motivate boaters to stop overnight. I think the fact the marina is full of brokerage boats and private moorings contributed to my impression.

This was our allocated overnight mooring . . . It was pre-Tingdene though.

0724 Waveney river centre.JPG

• Like 1

On 02/04/2022 at 10:07, Meantime said:

One of our locals members who has taken to not posting anymore may have been able to shed some light on it. 

Of course he could, since he used to own and run the place.  He is also an ex member of the BA Nav committee.

"Taken to not posting anymore" actually means censored by moderation, as he was considered at the time as a "BA Basher" and discouraged from posting further on this forum.

I can't speak for him of course, although he has kindly spoken of me as his "Old school buddy from Taverham" on the BRAG Facebook page.

If he were now to post here again (I wish he would) he would no doubt tell us : "I told you so".

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Of course he could, since he used to own and run the place.  He is also an ex member of the BA Nav committee.

"Taken to not posting anymore" actually means censored by moderation, as he was considered at the time as a "BA Basher" and discouraged from posting further on this forum.

I can't speak for him of course, although he has kindly spoken of me as his "Old school buddy from Taverham" on the BRAG Facebook page.

If he were now to post here again (I wish he would) he would no doubt tell us : "I told you so".

I'm not sure why you're suddenly quoting one of my posts from over a year ago! however I was thinking of Palandine when I made that post!! and if you're thinking of James Knight, he never used to own the place, his father in law did. :facepalm:

• Like 1