Reedcutter Cantley

Smoggy

9 hours ago, Broads01 said:

It's one Broads pub I've never visited being the view from the mooring that puts me off. Maybe I should give it a try.

The same for us, although one of our favourite moorings on the southern rivers is at Hardley Mill, which is still relatively close to the factory, but out of sight at least unless you stand on the bank near the mill itself.

• Like 2

Oddly any trip on the southern Broads has to have a stop over at Cantley for me. I say oddly because when the factory is all lit up at night it has a strange kind of beauty all it's own and it's such a stark comparison to the surrounding landscape.

Would hate it to be all like that and one night is enough but I really enjoy that experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray said:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I say oddly because when the factory is all lit up at night it has a strange kind of beauty all it's own and it's such a stark comparison to the surrounding landscape. . . . . . . . .

To be fair, it does look better at night!!

Photo_6553910_DJI_310_jpg_4705702_0_2021101018386_photo_original.JPG

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

As an add-on to thi,s hello to Karizma, I waved at you just after leaving the reedcutter this afternoon.

Hi Smoggy, sorry I missed you as I was sat down with the laptop surfing the forum, but Mrs Karizma (Tracy) was at the helm and remembers waving back. :default_beerchug:

Steve