Shopping

andyg

Hi guys, can I ask do any members have there shopping delivered directly to there hire yard. I'm thinking of trying it out on our upcoming trip. The way I see it,it will be one less thing to load into the car and drag around. Il make sure we are on site for the delivery. Any thoughts, 

25 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I’ve wondered about this. How do you time the delivery to be at a time when you will be able to take it? You can never guarantee what time you will get on your boat. 

We are starting from acle, I plan to stay on the yard the Friday night, as I want to catch the early morning tide sat to head south. So I guess il book a 5pm delivery slot. Il speak with the yard 1st to make sure it's OK. 

I asked Bridgecraft last year with that and they were tentatively ok as long as I was present. They're main concern was parking space there is very limited and I think a delivery van had got blocked in there not long before - either that or it had hindered a customer. If you're booking a later slot though I'm sure it won't be a problem.

I had a really good experience with a Sainsbury's delivery to Caley Cruisers last year. It was very necessary that time given we'd flown to Inverness. Caley are used to it with customers and are relaxed about whether you're in attendance or not. They even had a store room seemingly full of arriving customers' shopping.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I asked Bridgecraft last year with that and they were tentatively ok as long as I was present. They're main concern was parking space there is very limited and I think a delivery van had got blocked in there not long before - either that or it had hindered a customer. If you're booking a later slot though I'm sure it won't be a problem.

I had a really good experience with a Sainsbury's delivery to Caley Cruisers last year. It was very necessary that time given we'd flown to Inverness. Caley are used to it with customers and are relaxed about whether you're in attendance or not. They even had a store room seemingly full of arriving customers' shopping.

Spoke to them yesterday and there fine with it, we are staying at acle on the Friday night so il book a 5pm delivery. Mark just asked if we could vacate the moorings after we'd loaded up as they need the space for returning boats. Not a problem as I intend leaving acle at 6am on Saturday morning to catch the tide down to Yarmouth etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Does anyone else remember the days when you got an order form with your invoice, posted it off with your order to the yard (or Hoseasons/Blakes) a week or so before your hols and your order was waiting for you when you arrived at the yard?

I do Jeff. It was really helpful back then as we used to arrive by train. The form was very long and had boxes for just about everything you could think of.... including a whole chicken in a can (smothered in that jelly stuff to keep it fresh i suppose). Our's came from Crouchens Store in Reedam, delivered to Sandersons. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I done our online shop at home this week and have noticed for the 1st time that even the supermarkets are employing a kind of live pricing policy with it's delivery charges. Jeez where does this all end..we are now staying in Norwich the night before our trip to meet up with some family. So it will be tesco in Norwich before we head over to collect the boat.