Water Rail Out And About.

Early awake as is usual for me, I pottered around for a while, breakfast took forever to cook in the oven, in the end I forgot about it and set  off. Remembering  a couple of miles downriver, got it out, 2 perfectly cooked cheese and bacon wraps, took over an hour to cook, they are usually done in 25 minutes. 

Down river to Wroxham, visited Roy's DIY and got a tin of varnish (typically it's now spitting in the wind despite no rain in the forecast). 

Called in to Kensington just as they opened and had freshly cooked sausage and chips.

Turned back upriver and made my way to Castle Staithes. Where I have moored up.

• Like 2

Internet connection  here not great, o2 not having it, so on backup 3 dongle,  this morning in Wroxham, I purchased some varnish and brushes etc, I have now done a first coat ( except the toe rails as I have fenders out) roughly 1/2  tin of yacht varnish used, lots more coats needed. 

• Like 3

Thank you.     She does look good doesn't she.    Were you moored at Wroxham in the photo above.   Your breakfast sounded really tasty even if it did take an hour to cook.      Enjoy every moment of this glorious weather,  I know it is a tad windy at the moment but you cant have it.   Can we.

• Like 1

Time to move, after cooking a couple of cheese and bacon turnovers, that took over an hour, its confirmed the oven isn't at its best. Then I went to start, finding the batteries  flat ( short trip yesterday mostly on tickler and 18 hours of fridge. My trusty lithium jump starter got me going, and I was going to be putting in a few good hours cruising, so off I go, under Wroxham bridge , chugging down river, passed up a possible mooring at Horning Staithe as I wanted to get fuel at boulders, 25 litres nearly filled the tank £1.45 also purchased a battery to bring the house bank back up to 3. Left Horning and had a quick stop to add the new battery to the house bank ( dave having left the wires àboard in case.) Then carried on to potter, bagging the last mooring nearest the bridge ( under 6 foot today.), now off to visit the emporium of tat.

• Like 7

Emporium  of tat visited, got a sausage and chips takeaway from bridge stones, in my opinion better than greys and kens in  Wroxham, departed after that and finally after many previous attempts got moored up at womankind Island, just me and one other small boat here. I was planning a second coat of varnish, but truth be told its too hot to be out there at the moment. I may get a partial coat done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grendel said:

Emporium  of tat visited, got a sausage and chips takeaway from bridge stones, in my opinion better than greys and kens in  Wroxham, departed after that and finally after many previous attempts got moored up at womankind Island, just me and one other small boat here. I was planning a second coat of varnish, but truth be told its too hot to be out there at the moment. I may get a partial coat done.

Goodness me,  not that hot in worlingham,   still got that keen Easterly .

Enjoy this evening.

59 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Goodness me,  not that hot in worlingham,   still got that keen Easterly .

Enjoy this evening.

Womack (womankind? …best typo ever!) Island is definitely a lot more sheltered than Worlingham, as much as I love the latter. 

Wednesday, where to go today, plan was up the ant, but destination? Irstead was full, I had considered Dilham, but realised I would need to stop to move the paddle board to the side deck, as I was crossing Barton  Broad,  an idea struck, so I turned to starboard, and am currently sat at Wood end, eating some lunch I may stay here, or head back down the ant for a wild mooring later.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Departed wood end (still soft but not too wet) and headed back down the ant, following a workboat all the way to ludham bridge, the wild moorings were all occupied now, carried on past griffs corner ( about 1/3 has been taken over by nettles) down and through ludham  bridge, out past st bennets then turn to starboard. Passed springers retreat on Fleet dyke, and a bit later passed Kate, managed to Moor up on the corner moorings ( right at the end).

• Like 1

I was eyeing that one up Grendel. I was going to go down, fill with water and snuck in there. 
Then my daughter rang and wants me to ring back (baby news maybe?????) so now I’m staying put till the morning. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Enjoy another fantastic evening.   The weather could not be better.      Where on earth is Wood End?

A hidden away spot off Barton Broad, about half way on the right if you are coming from Irstead direction