Water Rail Out And About.

Departed Great Yarmouth  at 8.30, right on the turn of the tide and had a gentle push out of the bureau, and slack clear across breydon, rambling Rosie passed me en route, and soon moored at the berney  Inn mooring   ( I think he said something about a teams meeting when he passed proceeded up the yare and turned left down the chet, and have bagged the end mooring.

When I said the end mooring,  I  suppose I should have said at pyes  mill,  anyway the wind had a chill, so up went the canopy, and then following that some disassembly of the cooker to investigate the oven issue, anyway after taking the front plate off it was obvious  that  replacing  the thermocouple was a complete removal job, and if it were the gas tap, they don't appear to be readily available like the thermocouples.

After that it was a chilled out evening,  followed by an early night.

Breakfast cheese and bacon wraps are cooking (slowly ), and today I will head round to the waveney and get a few boat jobs done, like refitting the brass rub rails over the varnished toe rails.

I might quickly get another layer of varnish on where those all fit before I leave.

• Like 2

Now mud weighted at the corner between geldeston  locks and the village, a longish trip, where I passed kingfisher and Robin in the new cut, and rambling Rosie and neil just downriver of outlon dyke.

Brass rubbing straps refitted (apart from the 2 I have yet to figure where they go)

Paddle board is in the water probably for the last time, so I must get out on that in a bit, the sun is really hot. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grendel said:

Now mud weighted at the corner between geldeston  locks and the village, a longish trip, where I passed kingfisher and Robin in the new cut, and rambling Rosie and neil just downriver of outlon dyke.

And me!

IMG_0118.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, grendel said:

When I said the end mooring,  I  suppose I should have said at pyes  mill,  anyway the wind had a chill, so up went the canopy, and then following that some disassembly of the cooker to investigate the oven issue, anyway after taking the front plate off it was obvious  that  replacing  the thermocouple was a complete removal job, and if it were the gas tap, they don't appear to be readily available like the thermocouples.

After that it was a chilled out evening,  followed by an early night.

Breakfast cheese and bacon wraps are cooking (slowly ), and today I will head round to the waveney and get a few boat jobs done, like refitting the brass rub rails over the varnished toe rails.

I might quickly get another layer of varnish on where those all fit before I leave.

I had the same problem with my oven a few weeks ago and it turned out to be a partially blocked injector. This intailed removing the burner to get to the injector then removing that. Cleaning out the injector then letting some gas through without the injector in to remove any more bits in the line then refitting. Worked a treat again.

20 hours ago, grendel said:

it was obvious  that  replacing  the thermocouple was a complete removal job, and if it were the gas tap, they don't appear to be readily available like the thermocouples.

If the cooker is working, although slowly, then it is not a problem with the thermocouple or the gas tap. I would suspect the thermostat. Try lighting the cooker on max heat, with the door open, for about 2 minutes, then turn the temperature to minimum and see if the flame dies down. If it doesn't, that is the problem.

Next problem might be finding a new one!

• Like 1

Thanks Vaughan, after  my investigations, the flame doesn't change at all, so thermostat it is, I will see if one is available.

Anyway  as I wake to my last day to thick mist, and contemplate packing up and heading back to  base I can say it's been a great time on the water and off this week and a bit, a day at home tomorrow to recover and shop, ready to get to work Tuesday.

Yesterday, I went for a last paddle board, and had a quick swim, the waters not so cold really, having the paddle board moored to the side of the boat really helps getting back  aboard. 

So just the short trip back to Beccles left to do ( and stuff like packing, deflating the paddle board etc. )

• Like 7

I don't think I described that very well just now, let's try it again :

Light the oven on max heat setting, door closed and let it warm up normally for about 4 or 5 minutes.  Then open the door (so that you can see the flame) and turn the temp setting right down.  If the flame doesn't die down, then the thermostat has got stuck in the same position and isn't doing anything.

Obviously, if the oven hasn't got properly hot first, the thermostat won't cut in anyway!

• Like 1

I never did get around to taking off the ply wood in the forward cabin, especially the cupboard fronts - some beautiful coach work is hidden up

The starboard bunk used to be low down but I retained the higher  bunk as the space proved to be a good storage area

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I am back, after a hard day's work  of jobs returning for minor amendments up to 1 hour before I finished, and literally as I was logging off a phone call over teams requiring Cad assistance, finally all was dealt with, and the car was loaded . I managed to leave canterbury before 4pmtraffic wasn't the best, a 30 minute queue at the Dartford crossing, and roadworks up the a12.  Arrived around 8pm and un,ozded the car, then drove it to fen lane carpark, paying for 5 days via the website.

After this came general sorting and tidying and checking the  boat systems, this was when I spotted the charger that was on shore power was off, I phoned Dave to appraise him of this fact, and further investigation  revealed the post had tripped. It seems there are some new parts waiting for me to  fit while I am doing the solar panel, so tomorrow's destination is  set to go pick those up.

First a trip to lidls in the morning to provision ship, I deliberately travelled light this trip.

• Like 6

Early start this morning, I have replaced the handle on the charging cupboard catch, (the handle gets broken off when it self opens and crashes to the floor, luckily I keep a supply of new ones I have made onboard.)

1689832889470157718932324918573.jpg

• Like 4