Vet. Submariner Let Loose On The Broads!

JSC

Thank You for allowing me to join the NBN, which is clearly an invaluable knowledge-base for an absolute novice like me. 

Okay as an ex RN Submariner, I am okay with knots, my ‘Port’ from my ‘Starboard’, part of ship terminology and I have mech & elect technical abilities. However, we did have tugs to bring us along side and not too many vessels to collide with, many hundreds of metres below the ocean! Consequently, berthing in the confines of our marina IS my biggest challenge at windy Oulton Broad In my seemingly flat bottomed ‘belligerent’ Shetland 4Plus2 😬😂🤣

I have also studied inside out my Tohatsu 30hp outboard manual, got the service kits and tools - but eek! …it looks as tho I have to lift my new boat out of the water, just to change the lower oil sump 🤔 to comply with the service requirement 🙄 [apparently, the outboard needs to be ‘down’ - vertical, in order to drain and refill…!]?? 

So much to learn, but this, like needing to have a love of washing seagull poo off my boat, …is for me the fun of boating!

Kindest regards all! JSC.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

A warm welcome from Katie and myself .

Dont Forget , us fellow members love photos of members boats and their adventures afloat 

Or their misadventures.....:-)

Trouble is your too busy "misadventuring" to take pictures.... not that I woud want peeps to see us hit Wroxham bridge first time out,,

Welcome JSC from us newbies

R&M

7 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Morning JSC. Welcome onboard. My Bro’ is ex submariner both Polaris & Trident 

Griff

Thx for the welcome Griff; FYI for your Bro I was Reso(P), Repulse(P) and later involved in aspects of D&B Vanguard. 🤓