Was just wondering if there was a thread anywhere that brings together any discounts offered to members by local businesses?

I believe that Brian Ward offers 10% to members?

At the back of my mind I also thought that possibly Boulter Marine did as well?

• Like 2

We had Sunday Lunch at Wayford Bridge a couple of weeks ago, it was very good and far too full for desert after :default_biggrin: The staff are friendly and helpful too which always makes a difference, makes you remember a place and want to go back

Give it a try Andyg, I don't think you'll be disappointed although if you're thinking of Sunday Lunch I would book to be sure of a table 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andyg said:

I'm not going to mention the obvious typo...lol. thanks Ian. I've never tried the pub always mean to but never get round to it. I hear good reports about there food. I'm in Stalham soon,we might have a lunch there. 

There may well be a Watford Bridge pub,but they may not offer a discount to NBN:default_biggrin:.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

There may well be a Watford Bridge pub,but they may not offer a discount to NBN

Watford - Stamford. Perhaps you have other things on your mind Ian? Still I'd have thought football would be the last of them after the drubbing at Mighty Leeds this weekend. :default_party0018::default_party0018:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

Watford - Stamford. Perhaps you have other things on your mind Ian? Still I'd have thought football would be the last of them after the drubbing at Mighty Leeds this weekend. :default_party0018::default_party0018:

Their ruddy manager hardly had time to stop whinging about the perceived dodgy refereeing decisions the previous week, now he’s crying about the team’s method of transport to the Leeds match.  Who does he think he is - Alex Ferguson??????? :default_hiding:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, marshman said:

To be quite honest, I would rather these people stay in business, rather than worrying too much whether they give discounts to Forum Members!!!!

Its their continued good service that counts most, not whether they give a bob or two off!!!!

I quite agree, however I do not live anywhere near Brian Ward's, my boat is not moored anywhere near Brian Wards, so I have no incentive to go out of my way to shop there, or wait until I'm passing to make a purchase. On the other hand knowing they give 10% of, and if my purchase is not an immediate requirement, then I'm more likely to hold off making the purchase until I'm passing, which means they've gained business they otherwise wouldn't have had. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/08/2022 at 08:13, BroadsLady said:

I seem to have gone off topic, I do apologise Meantime :default_blush: That happens a lot on here though, right? :default_biggrin:

It seems to be almost compulsary, it's like you've been a member of this forum for a decade :default_rofl: