Wanderings On Water Rail

YnysMon

Brilliant write up Helen, it looks like you have a lovely holiday with proper wooden boat drips to help store the memories!

We saw you at How hill on the sunday I think, we wandered down to have a wonder and you was motoring up, lots of smiles!

Well done on Pozzick, he's lovely, hopefully he settles in easily.  We've not spent much time on the rivers this year as we took on 3 rescue kittens in may (we took the full litter as we couldn't split them but they are adorable still and so funny to watch). Hopefully next year it will be full of boating for us and I'd love to spend some time with waterrail as she is certainly one of the best boats on the broads!

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JawsOrca said:

We've not spent much time on the rivers this year as we took on 3 rescue kittens in may

Well done for taking on the three of them. Ages ago, when Harry and Alec were 7 and 5, or something like that, we adopted a couple of kittens from RSPCA. We were so glad we adopted more than one, as they were great company for each other. Complete opposites in temperament, but when the weather got colder each autumn they would start to share a bed again, and groom each other. So sweet. We had the female cat Susie for 16 years and the male Swnyn until he was almost 21. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Well done for taking on the three of them. Ages ago, when Harry and Alec were 7 and 5, or something like that, we adopted a couple of kittens from RSPCA. We were so glad we adopted more than one, as they were great company for each other. Complete opposites in temperament, but when the weather got colder each autumn they would start to share a bed again, and groom each other. So sweet. We had the female cat Susie for 16 years and the male Swnyn until he was almost 21. 

We lost our lad who adopted use from the houseboats (he kept coming to our boat, his owner moved away and let it be) he was in his twenties.. it was dreadful to say the least and I couldn't not have any so I messaged around and a local rescue had a litter of three rescued from rubbish :( the was jumping all over us and I couldnt split them so we took all three, in doing so helped them trap and rescue another 5. But they are all so lovely and they love playing together, thankfully they are simular temperaments at present (they are now 5 months), Harry is soppy but full of energy, Jax is a big boy but he's a bit of a wimp, and little Lulu has struggled with cat flu and is a lot smaller but she's my little princess :) 

3them.jpg

kitties.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

We lost our lad who adopted use from the houseboats (he kept coming to our boat, his owner moved away and let it be) he was in his twenties.. it was dreadful to say the least and I couldn't not have any so I messaged around and a local rescue had a litter of three rescued from rubbish :( the was jumping all over us and I couldnt split them so we took all three, in doing so helped them trap and rescue another 5. But they are all so lovely and they love playing together, thankfully they are simular temperaments at present (they are now 5 months), Harry is soppy but full of energy, Jax is a big boy but he's a bit of a wimp, and little Lulu has struggled with cat flu and is a lot smaller but she's my little princess :) 

3them.jpg

kitties.jpg

These pics are just the cutest thing I've ever seen :default_icon_luvlove:

• Love 1

Graham and Alec arrived back home with Pozzick just before 3 today. Harry, Seren and I met them in the local park. Seren has barked and growled at him occasionally, but not too bad. 

Currently all is peaceful. Seren is in her favourite place under Graham's chair and Pozzick has settled too at his feet. IMG-20221003-WA0002.thumb.jpg.e183644ab09c429e8de4d6be680b264e.jpgIMG-20221003-WA0001.thumb.jpg.c2af29186d883b50344eea406a322485.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 7

He has such a gentle nature. Hasn’t reacted to Seren barking or growling at him at all. Definitely a few boundaries to teach though. Not to put his paws on kitchen worktops/dining table. He’s a door opener! I’d forgotten about that one. The dog we had when we were first married was one of those. We were both working in those days, so that was a bit tricky.

I gave Pozzick a tripe chew treat earlier and he took it into his new crate to eat it, so that’s a good start. He was a bit vocal when we were eating dinner though. Seren has been trained to accept that she’s in a different room when we are having our evening meal in the dining room. That removes the temptation to give titbits. We like to have a sit down dinner together in the evening, even if it’s just one course (I only do puds on special occasions) as it’s an opportunity for everyone to get together. 

He’s been exploring the house. Lots of sniffing going on, up he seems pretty relaxed considering. We are hoping that your forecast that he’s a laid back dog is correct Kate! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I remember the first two sleepless nights after getting Desmond. He cried for hours on an off downstairs in his crate (Desmond’s Den) The breeder said we mustn’t give in but we undid all the work by going on the boat a few weeks later where he sleeps in the same cabin as me so when we got back home it was the same howling and the pitiful woo woo sounds.   We have come to a compromise and he sleeps in his crate in the room opposite to us upstairs and he’s as good as gold. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mine does this soulful moan that comes from deep down in his chest somewhere. As you say, tugs at the heartstrings, unless in the middle of the night when it’s just annoying!

Saying that, the only time he seems to do it now is if I leave him at home. He’s so used to being with me everywhere, especially as he loves the car so easy to take him. I get out of the door and the morning starts. It only lasts a couple of minutes nowadays though. 
When I left him on the boat to go to Roy’s this summer I did warn the folk on the next boat not to worry if they heard him!

• Like 1