Spring Meet 2024 Sign Up Page

CambridgeCabby

• 2 weeks later...

It looks as though my daughters and their families have chosen the weekend of 17th May to descend on us at home, so we won't now be able to attend this year's meet.

• Sad 3

The simple reason I cannot attend is that on 17th May all day I will be at Lambton on a team clay shooting event which Griffs Growlers are attending, I'm team captain and all four of us must be in attendance.  This was booked (And paid for) ages ago now

On the upside however the following weekend I will be onboard for a long weekend afloat :default_beerchug:

Griff

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t mind being in a CinC, just not leading it please! (Would need to cruise to Malthouse broad first, to cruise back again).  

It’ll be homemade biscuits this year for the quiz unless I practice making full sponge cakes with the boat oven beforehand. I’m not sure it’s reliable enough. 

I’ll be around from sometime on Friday to help put up the gazebo etc  Tell me a time and I’ll be there by then. 

Im looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kpnut said:

I don’t mind being in a CinC, just not leading it please! (Would need to cruise to Malthouse broad first, to cruise back again).  

It’ll be homemade biscuits this year for the quiz unless I practice making full sponge cakes with the boat oven beforehand. I’m not sure it’s reliable enough. 

I’ll be around from sometime on Friday to help put up the gazebo etc  Tell me a time and I’ll be there by then. 

Im looking forward to it. 

Go for it Kate…just remember last year when the cakes took twice as long as expected to bake. I thought they would never rise! 

4 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Do we have any more interested in joining a c in c at all please ?

I think we'll be able to join the CinC - crossing Brendon on Friday the 17th (haven't checked tides yet!!!!), so should be able to get to Ranworth Saturday morning.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grendel said:

very approximately the low tides are around midday / midnight for the 16th / 17th

Excellent. Thanks Grendel. Will be leaving Beccles around 9am then :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

You’re more than welcome to join me Biker, starting from Salhouse. But there are far nicer boats to hitch a ride with than mine. So I won’t be at all surprised or offended if you go for a better offer. 
But you’re on the CinC now one way of another. 

it’s just flashed up that Grendel has replied while I type, so that’s probably you sorted then!!!!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

I am staying shore-based for the weekend, but would love to join the C in C if anyone has spare space aboard on Saturday. Just me and a cool box for my lunch.

If you want/needto leave from Salhouse, you’ll be welcome aboard Chiltern Lady…😎

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grendel said:

happy to oblige Bikertov

Brilliant - many thanks Grendel, it would be lovely to take a trip on Water Rail !

Just let me know what your timings are. I'm staying nearby in a small B&B in Little Plumstead, just outside Salhouse, somwit will be easy to meet wherever it is convenient