Tolls (that’s Not A Swear Word!) Amongst Other Things.

vanessan

6 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I know a lot of forumites don’t do Facebook but two letters have been sent to the Broads Authority regarding tolls, one from James Knight and the other from BRAG. Both are well worth reading. ‘Light blue touch paper’ comes to mind. 

I’ve read them both and they do make interesting reading.  One can only hope that the good doctor and his merry men have the grace to read them and act upon the contents.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I know a lot of forumites don’t do Facebook but two letters have been sent to the Broads Authority regarding tolls, one from James Knight and the other from BRAG. Both are well worth reading. ‘Light blue touch paper’ comes to mind. 

Is there a link to see these ?

I'm not on FB, but had a look at the BA FB page and couldn't see anything ?

1 hour ago, ExSurveyor said:

This is the link to James Knight's blog. The other article is in a closed group so cannot be reproduced here.

28 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

You dont have to be a FB member, the BRAG pages are open to all to view.

Thanks both - I can read the first open letter, and can see the BRAG group but seems I can't read the BRAG letter as it is only shared with the member group.

there are 2 groups on facebook, one is a private  group for the committee with 2 members, the other is a public group, indeed as a non member I was able to go in and download the pdf and read it.- the second public group is headlined as Reform the Broads Authority (but has the BRAG banner as its symbol)

• Like 1

The BRAG letter to the Blessed Authority is in my inbox. It’s both impressive, shocking and infuriating at the same time. I conversed with the Chairman of BRAG about it only this morning. 
BRAG are due a committee meeting shortly. I have asked that they give me permission to publish it in here in full. So, you’ll just have to mark time for a little while 

Griff

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bikertov said:

Thanks both - I can read the first open letter, and can see the BRAG group but seems I can't read the BRAG letter as it is only shared with the member group.

2 hours ago, grendel said:

there are 2 groups on facebook, one is a private  group for the committee with 2 members, the other is a public group, indeed as a non member I was able to go in and download the pdf and read it.

I too was unable to open the letter (on the Reform the Broads Authority Facebook page) when trying to access it from my phone. 
But when I went on my home computer, I was able to open it. 

So I wonder if it’s something to do with the way our phones are set up, or something to do with how the pdf properties of the document have been set up.

I have sent a letter. I was astounded when I read the Facebook post on ‘Reform the Broads authority’ about the allocation and expenditure of finances over the past few years. 
And also by the reasoning for the toll increase, all three options of it - to continue doing ‘their stuff’ as they wish, rather than looking at where savings can be made, like any other organisation would need to do. 

• Like 1

How much money was wasted on the proposed Acle Visitor centre which is now not mentioned.  Organisations with any grasp of good financial management do not waste money on schemes that never have a chance of going anywhere.  It wouldn’t pass scrutiny. 

I could describe my feelings further but i wont incase the CEO claims he is being insulted again on television news, oh the Irony.

• Like 1