Horning Pleasurecraft

RS2021

Horning Pleasurecraft is our home mooring and I welcome this development warmly.

I am certain that it is great news for Clive, George and the whole team.

HPC is a lovely base as it is, and I have no doubt that it will be even better when the improvements are completed. Any unavoidable disruption during the works, for those of us who are fortunate enough to be there, is sure to be minimal and managed well by the team.

Well done everyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Where can I find the details of the proposals please.

I have just moved on to Windows 10 and am having difficulty in finding anything

Jeff 

It's on Horning Pleasurecraft's Facebook page

I think its a fantastic development and great news for Horning and the local economy

It is a challenge running any business, but the best ones succeed as they never sit still as they are always moving forward and looking at new ways to develop, diversify and grow

Well done Clive and the team at Horning Pleasurecraft

I look forward to seeing it come to fruition from our mooring base at HPC 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aboattime said:

Arnt HPC hire craft allowed those facilities at other hire yards,but at the moment not at HPC?

I could be wrong but I have always understood Clive has welcomed other boats but due to lack of space has asked that you phone ahead first, not unreasonable.

Fred

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Local plan rule DM33 stops planning permission being issued for basins or marinas unless a certain number of public spaces are provided. For developments of 30+ moorings, 15% of the total have to be given over "at nil cost to the Broads Authority" as short stay visitor moorings. If there are no pump-out or water facilities in the vicinity, they also have to be provided.

Obviously, you don't have to be a huge cynic to see that the planning rule isn't as good as first appears. BA can claim to be creating new spaces, but there's nothing to stop the site owner making excessive mooring charges, as has happened in at least one other location. Hopefully HPC are public spirited and either offer free/cheap mooring, or good facilities for visitors such as water, power, etc at a sensible rate.

2 hours ago, rightsaidfred said:

I could be wrong but I have always understood Clive has welcomed other boats but due to lack of space has asked that you phone ahead first, not unreasonable.

Fred

The sign at the entrance says"No hire craft "

Having a mooring in Horning Pleasurecraft is very handy. It’s so central for the northern rivers that we often opt to ‘go back home’ rather than stop at other moorings in the vicinity. We’ve yet to overnight at Horning Staithe, St Benet’s or Cockshoot Dyke, even though we often claim that we want to try out those moorings. 

• Like 1

On 14/01/2024 at 18:32, Aboattime said:

The sign at the entrance says"No hire craft "

It actually says 'Sorry no hire craft'!

yards know we have space and they pass the information on, also if you read the Broadcaster I'm fairly sure it is in there that we accept hire boats when we have space available, we have never refused a request. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3