Pub / Restaurant Reopening In Wroxham

SwanR

Wasn’t the Waters Edge formally The Shed ?

edited to add just looked closely at the building work photos and agree is the old Liberty building , which to the best of my knowledge was not a pub but a restaurant , as opposed to the old Waters Edge (The Shed) which was more a pub 

1 minute ago, garryn said:

The shed was the one behind faircraft loynes boatyard. This is the one right next to the bridge.

Realise that , it changed its name to Waters Edge prior to its closure , agree the one in the paper is the old Liberty restaurant , would struggle to call it a pub 

6 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Realise that , it changed its name to Waters Edge prior to its closure , agree the one in the paper is the old Liberty restaurant , would struggle to call it a pub 

But if you read the article, 

"the relaunch will see it taking on more of a classic British pub feel during lunch service - serving classics such as fish and chips, pies and steaks."

They are aiming to become more like a pub at the relaunch. Agreed, it wasn't in it's previous form.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

I'm far too posh to dine on pie and chips in me mink coat and heels :default_biggrin:

This is good news, I wish them well. Hopefully pay them a visit on our next trip

Grace x

We've always had our pie and mash served on a plate. :default_biggrin:. Which does please us and a few others about herrr.:default_norty:.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Paid a visit to the Kings Head in Hoveton today. The Sunday roast was fine. Other menu items were a little hit and miss. But it’s pub grub, less expensive than other places. The staff were very friendly. The service was good. And the refurbishment is looking lovely. I would go back if I want cheap and cheerful but possibly not for a special occasion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 31/03/2024 at 21:34, SwanR said:

Paid a visit to the Kings Head in Hoveton today. The Sunday roast was fine. Other menu items were a little hit and miss. But it’s pub grub, less expensive than other places. The staff were very friendly. The service was good. And the refurbishment is looking lovely. I would go back if I want cheap and cheerful but possibly not for a special occasion. 

We went to The Kings Head the day after it re-opened. I must say, Green King have done a fantastic job with the refurbishment, creating a very nice atmosphere and still a proper pub. Was proving very popular even out of season. With the garden also refurbished, I can see it being a great place this summer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaulN said:

With the garden also refurbished, I can see it being a great place this summer.

Did you happen to see whether the fence/wall around the pergola had been removed?

20 minutes ago, dom said:

Did you happen to see whether the fence/wall around the pergola had been removed?

Difficult to remember exactly but from from what I do recall there is a pergola with a walled off new seating area. The riverside garden looks pleasant and refreshed.

• Like 1