Wooden Broads Cruiser Show 2024 - Beccles 09 - 11th Aug

Here we go for our main annual event.  This is the tenth anniversary of the wooden boat owners get together

The Plan - Some of the northern contingent meet up for overnight at Stracey Arms Wed 07th

Thursday morning we cruise in company over to Oulton Broad to meet up with other woodies.  We have got both sides of the pontoon reserved for our craft.  This is really when the event starts going proper as crews reintroduce each other from the previous year and a party atmosphere starts to kick in.  Some of you will have noticed the Ba's NTM closing off the broad Thursday evening - Our fault as there is due to be nineteen craft taking part in an illuminated cruise around the broad - Should be fun and some of our more flamboyant members will no doubt be pushing the boat out (Pun intended)

Friday 11th at around 1130 all craft sail in company fully dressed overall for Beccles. eta sometime in t afternoon, to date we have all made it and not got lost! 

Then its party time, quizzes, communal food, boats open to visitors on Saturday etc etc.  Our chief organiser is expecting around 40 craft to attend the event so we have the whole of the green moorings reserved. There is a boat jumble on the Sunday

So - if you about - Come and see us.  cruise with us from Stracey / OBYS if you desire

'B.A' is gonna be fully crewed up, 4 x adults, 3 x grandsons under ten and 2 x golden retrievers, Purdey and Tally - who is a Broads virgin and she ain't a year old yet.  What could possibly go wrong?

Griff

• Like 12

I'm booked into Beccles YS for the Saturday night, as I'm tupperware I'll be on the opposite side.  Still undecided whether to cross Breydon Friday evening, Saturday morning or take Friday off work completely.  Decisions, decisions!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Purdey and Tally - who is a Broads virgin and she ain't a year old yet.  What could possibly go wrong?

just make sure the cabin door is shut when coming into the mooring astern, we dont want another flying leap at the quay heading 20 feet away this year. and dont forget the paw count as you depart.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

just make sure the cabin door is shut when coming into the mooring astern, we don't want another flying leap at the quay heading 20 feet away this year. and don't forget the paw count as you depart.

Me and Purdey have had words on many occasion re the issues in question and I am confident we have come to a suitable understanding - Mine!

Having said that she did it again last year at Bramerton late at night, going out for our last walk and she forgot we were side moored (Had been since early afternoon).  She was proper embarrassed at that one

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

So, here we are once again at Beccles for the annual wooden boat show, our tenth year. This ‘event’ is not a club, no committee, no chairman, no secretary. No subscriptions, no membership. What it is simply put is boat owners of woodies & ‘half’ woodies that get together once a year for a social gathering. We gather at Oulton Broad on Thursday 06th Aug 2025. We  cruise in company on the Friday from Oulton Broad to Beccles where we stay to Sunday / Monday. We have inter boat / crew social events. Boats open to visitors for a few hours we have communal food, non of which are compulsory. In short if your boat floats in any condition and you would like an invitation to join us in 2025, and an invitation for your mates & boats too then just ask! All we ask in return is that you let us know so we can reserve you a berth at Oulton & Beccles

Griff

3924F9A0-FF7D-4EEF-8E26-8E2C111BDBE9.jpeg

• Like 17