Not sure if I sould ask but....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard posted up a message on Facebook last night to say that it was up and running again ... however, I just checked and all does not seem well again. The thread started about the hacking seems to have become scrambled.

I will keep a check on Facebook, but for the time being I would advise that you do not attempt to visit the site. My friend had problems with a Trojan trying to download on Tuesday night which, he thinks, he has now got rid of. I ran full anti-virus and Malware scans yesterday which have came back clean, but would advise anyone who attempted to access yesterday or today to run full scans of their own system to be on the safe side.

I will only visit once they are certain that it is safe to do so.

Carol

I tried the site after my last post and could get logged in ok but when I tried to gain

access for changing my password AVG flagged up a Trojan which it dealt with but I

immediately logged off and did a full scan and found the virus in the Vault which

I deleted. All seems ok now but need to wait until I'm informed that all is fixed.

I should also add ...

Make sure that you are running the latest versions of whatever anti-virus and spyware/malware etc. you use and update them immediately prior to running the scans. Updates are often issued several times a day to try to catch the latest variations of the nasties!

Carol

The NBF is current temporarily closed. I spoke to Richard this morning, it was ok and up and running very early this morning but it had another attack about 8.30 according to Richard and posts were lost again becase he had to set it back to around 1.00am. I assume that it must have been breached again this afternoon.

Griff from Broads Ambition was trying to promote donations to help aid the problems Richard has, but of course most of replies to the topic have gone.

It is very sad that these people can destroy a persons hard work in seconds once they can get access to a site.

This of course is a forum, but it could have been a company where most of the companies staff would be unable to work, it could be your bank, the health service etc.

Regards

Alan

With the very unfortunate problems of the NBF at the moment it seems a timely moment to talk about passwords and identity security.

One of the main motives for hacking forums nowadays is to obtain email addresses for resale as lists, rather than just kids showing how clever (they think) they are.

NEVER use the same password on different sites with logins.

So many websites now compell you to use your email address as your login ID that many people get into the habit of using that as their standard login name anyway, and they then compound this danger by using the same password everywhere. Worse still, it may even be the same user name and password to access their primary email account itself.

When data is "harvested" during hacks of login-type sites like forums, the purpetrators undoubtedly try some of those email and password combinations on commercial sites like amazon or ebay or email.

I always use a different password for every website. It's more time consuming, true, but any breach of one's personal security is then limited to just that site.

I was on very early this morning, all was well I checked out a Video on cooking on the boat by London Rascal (Robin) I was going to say how good the video was in a reply to his message when I got a virus message up that the site was trying to download something.

I have emailed Richard with the details to see if it helps him.

Regards

Alan

:wave hi all i'm not sure if it's up & running again as i got an email saying that they'd been hacked 3 times by different people ,i don't really like saying this,but it almost sounds like it could be someone who's got a grievence with the site, maybe someone who's been barred from the site, because being hacked 3 times in such a short time seems abit strange to me, or maybe that's just my way of thinking ,i think i'll keep off for abit, lori :Stinky