Well Done

Hylander

Nice work! All looks very slick and tidy. Just a thought, have you considered putting all the pinned informatioin topics into a seperate directory names as General Information or some suitable title?

I find it just a wee bit irritating to have to scroll past all those yellow blobs!

Trevor

Like the new layout. Very slick :)

One thing that's always puzzled me : why is there a sub-forum to Technical Questions & Answers with the same name? :???:

LorI - the emoticons are in a line below the reply window. There's a link 'Show All' (a bit small, actually,) to display them in a pop-up windows with their names.

Hi Rod!

The Members area is currently being sorted by Jonzo and should be back very soon (he's manually having to add users to it).

The reply box should work, but I found you had to click quite low in the text box in order to use it when I was using Internet Explorer 8. You could try downloading Mozilla Firefox and using that as your browser (which is what I have done) which is a much better browserthan IE8 anyway.

As for the warning points, I can easily give you some if you like :naughty: :pirate

Working OK on Internet Explorer over here... certainly useable anyway, just different... but I guess it is natural given it is change that can bring on fear/alarm/indifference... Why not give it a while before giving up and announcing your abandon though, surely??

Dan

seems fine here on IE in Horning :)

I think it was about time I changed my avatar anyway,

still just finding my way about but looks really good and seems to work :cool:

did prefer the bigger pictures

But well done to all involved

I stopped using Internet Explorer many years ago, too bl**dy  risky.

I seem to be even more out on a limb with web browsers on here, I use Opera 12.1, because it has certain features that no others have matched so far.

It's a bit cranky with a few websites, so I have to revert to Firefox occasionally.

It works perfectly so far with this new PHP  forum software though, quite a test....

Ok Its prolly me being dumb ....but where did the Memebrs Area and Jokes area go?

Rod

I look forward to the Jokes area too! I read them first of all....

I assume the [HOT] is a replacement for (easier to understand) to indicate un-read topics?

Peter

I'm surrounded by front-end web guys, and I know they all hate supporting old versions of IE because it prevents them building sites properly.

Tell me about it !...  :) 

I hail from an era when web designers and programmers had to "sniff" the browser application for anything other than really basic html.

Netscape was the challenge then, and Corporate customers expected everything to work seamlessly on any version of any browser...

The trouble with new versions of IE is the unknown factor, especially after it's bitten you...