Sabre 28 - Cruiser - Project

JawsOrca

Todays quick update. We just finished..

We managed to complete all sides (excluding the heads which will have a separate type of covering). We designed and done a bit of a feature on the front windows to make live a bit easier for ourselves.. I'm very very happy with the outcome (and I'm never happy!) its very neat and I think looks a proper job!  

It has been a hard day though despite the insulation on the boat (it's already cooler inside) it was hot inside and the interscrews where a nightmare on the windows, despite a range of 4 screw sizes we had to cut some screws down. We also didn't manage to get the trims back on the front window so first thing tomorrow that needs doing. 

We need to glue the sidelining under the deck parts so will finish that tomorrow.  Times already ticking on so we may not get as much done as we wanted but as long the sidelining is done then we are happy.

I'll upload pictures tomorrow. 

• Like 1

What a hot day.. From early this morning I've been stuck inside finishing of the sidelining. For some stupid reason this boat doesnt any opening windows forward only a hatch so what ever it was outside today (27dc apparently) I bet it was at least 10dc hotter... I had a little fan heater than had a fan setting and was living off that! Hard hard work! But see pictures.. Proper job as the commodore said!  I'm happy.. couple of little bits I messed up on but still pleased with it..  This is all sides and underneath the decks... The hull sides will be covered with a carpet so I'll trim these when I get the carpet.

Daves been doing some wiring work whilst I was doing this.. 

Nice to see it coming together though! 

post-28066-0-44339300-1405534055_thumb.j

post-28066-0-89302000-1405534065_thumb.j

post-28066-0-43168500-1405534083_thumb.j

post-28066-0-33507400-1405534096_thumb.j

post-28066-0-10503400-1405534106_thumb.j

post-28066-0-86546200-1405534123_thumb.j

post-28066-0-85858100-1405534133_thumb.j

• Like 2

Interscrews, aint they just a right pain in the ass! nuts and bolts much easier one person outside with the cordless with torque setting set the other inside with spanner and whizzy whizzy speedy job! a bit of ply for sparks to hit, grindette with a thin cutting disc and you can nip off the excess thread, pop on a plastic dome cover and job jobed. sadly this only looks right if the boat aint too posh! 

• Like 1

Thankfully today was a bit cooler or the nice breeze helped cool us down a bit..

We started with a little shopping trip.. £80 on three sheets of ply for the bulkheads.

We made good progress on the bulkheads for the loo and shower compartment. We have make it 3 inches bigger than before to make it more useable and we have had to make it slant too because the windows don't allow it to be square so its been a pain.

Someone at the club showed us how to use a tickstick to make perfect bulkeads.. we did try and do it before but never fully got it... I got it first board though and it was perfect.. Well happy.. bulkheads have always been a pain but now its easy :)

I'll put some pictures up tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Lol Thanks Iain.. Grace that last bit was certainly fluent ;)

It really has been hot and the forecast today is 30dc (gulp)..thunderstorm and yet again the worry of the windows leaking (I thought getting a plastic boat I wont have to worry about the rain again :( Thankfully there doesn't appear to be any leaks :)

We had the day away from the boat and went to the seaside, it reached 35dc on the car temperature! So I think it was the best choice!  On the way home though we picked up the loo (we went for a nice electric one).

I think we have done well this week it would have been nice to get more done but considering how hot its been and the hours we put in (and I underestimated the amount of time needed on the sidelining), we didn't do too bad. Now the sidelining is in we have really opened up a huge tin of potential work!

We are just about to pack and will leave early in the morning to miss the traffic.. so hopefully Rockland st Mary for lunch tomorrow :) (Loddon for the evening), I want it to cool down a bit though..35dc is too hot!  Don't forget to wave if you see is we are on "sweet kingfisher".

Couple of pictures attached showing as she is now.., this isn't the final finish on the bulkheads, the loo will have a nice neat vinyl covering and the main bulkheads wall will get a real oak veneer.

post-28066-0-73668700-1405702488_thumb.j

post-28066-0-15174700-1405702501_thumb.j

post-28066-0-33988700-1405702600_thumb.j

post-28066-0-61933400-1405702610_thumb.j

Hi Alan

Hope you have a really lovely holiday, after all your hard work you certainly deserve it.

Grace

ps Please don't crash your mum's boat and watch out for the sailies, oh and the bridges and those damn hirers, all they do is run their engines at silly o clock and wear pirate hats lol

• Like 2

cheers Grace.

Really are looking forward to all things norfolk.. zigzagging pirate hat where bathtubs overtaking sailboats  overtaking wherrys all on the river ant lol

I think at the back of our minds we should really be working but we can't really work a whole year :( After the first wherry we will be fine!  :Stinky

• Like 1

"Well Grace

Where did this info come from"

Me I am a hirer,I've been known to wear a pirate hat, run the engine at silly o clock and get in the way of sailies on the Ant, I am most broads users nightmare, just like to add we don't run the engine on public moorings..... wouldn't want to upset those pesky private owners lol

Grace

too right... how dare you scummy hirers disturb my beauty sleep, I've worked hard to have a boat.. lol I don't get any them and us.. any owner (I hate the private term) started off hiring (we did for 8 years).. it still makes more sense to hire, personally I just hated giving the thing back! 

Just off, hopefully see some of you soon!

• Like 3

What happened to my thread?! lol  two guns

Back to work today after a week in norfolk... 

Today, we largely worked on the shower/heads room.. The floor in there was level meaning that if we had a shower in there the water would just go everywhere so we had to make a sump.. We worked it all out and cut and made it up.. we left a bit for a nice teak (or something) grate to go over the top.

We also made sure the loo fitted and despite earlier fears it fits perfectly (back in the box now!).

Also made up the front for this compartment.. I'm not sure on it..I think its a bit oversized both the compartment and the door but it will do...

Couple of pictures attached...

post-28066-0-23735600-1406483969_thumb.j

post-28066-0-98829900-1406483976_thumb.j

post-28066-0-84328900-1406483984_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks Guys... Hopefully it will be good .. I suspect I may decrease the size of the door though... These boards are getting oak veneered and oak trims so it should look ok :)

That room is the same size as the bath in my parents boat though so certainly no room for a bath!

• Like 1