Sabre 28 - Cruiser - Project

JawsOrca

Hi Alan,

Great news indeed :clap  Was never in doubt I don't think. Well done to you both. My one concern though is the poor flat pack kithens, poor wee mites, I do hope the are put together soon to make a proper Kitchen! :naughty:  Sorry young yin, I couldn't resist! :hardhat:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Lol you mean I typed all that and only had one weird typo?!! I've edited too so no one else will know what you mean  :dance  lol cheers 

We are both a bit relieved, although we think we know what we doing it's nice to know that it's generally ok.. Dave was going to epoxy the whole bit anyway apparently, I just painted it too early!

Today was finally kitchen day. We collected the sink from the chandlers which came from germany! (it was a caravan version though), although it's a tad small we wouldn't have wanted anything bigger.

The counter top from ikea is actually quite nice and it's a bit thinner. The top went in ok. Cutting the sink was a bit painful. We then went to try the cooker and it didn't quite fit so we just decided to take the cabinet out and make it up around it (It needs stainless steel surround anyway so it can be rustic). But it went in ok, we used the gimbals to allow for a coffee over breydon on a rough crossing! Finally we put the tap in and called it a day.. Not bad for a days work.. I like these days though where you see big changes.

post-28066-0-38883600-1421525782_thumb.j

post-28066-0-02635200-1421525797_thumb.j

post-28066-0-87419800-1421525805_thumb.j

post-28066-0-11633800-1421525815_thumb.j

post-28066-0-47728600-1421525826_thumb.j

post-28066-0-05836400-1421525870_thumb.j

post-28066-0-48860000-1421525880_thumb.j

• Like 6

Thanks Iain and Mum.. We do eat out really when we are up there so it won't see much use.

No space for a draining board mum, but we will get one of these (it's all been thought through); http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Worktop-Drainer-Tray-Sink-Draining-Board-Caravan-Kitchen-Motor-home-drainer-/151302007473

• Like 2

Thanks polly. We had more people aboard today (almost a queue outside). All seem impressed :)

So little jobs today but it's nice to get these done:

Dave was over early (can you spot the pattern) and by the time I got over he had finished off the shower pump.. it works (I had to cone off around the boat as it pumps sideways all over the walkway beside us (and the amount of people that come and look on a sunday someone was going to get wet!).

He then installed the vented loop which we needed for the loo and thankfully after a few test flushes it's all working.. 

Swimdeck finished and I happily tested it by jumping on it lol.. I survived so it's strong enough!

We did a bit more with the kitchen counter top, see pictured, looks good. I wasn't sure how to terminate it but dave had the idea to do an oak upstand and a countertop overhand above.  It looks really good.. We've also done so it can be undone to allow access behind. A 12v ciggy lighter was put in for luck too.  We also installed some led lighting in the large cupboard above the fridge which runs of a little switch so it's on when you open the door.. looks good and used up the last of the led strip. (I also did some of the wiring on this.. including soldering the wires and I only burnt myself once!).

Finally we had a good tidy up although we need to run some bits to the tip really .. (next weekend).

post-28066-0-40401000-1421606612_thumb.j

post-28066-0-54544600-1421606625_thumb.j

post-28066-0-42693300-1421606639_thumb.j

post-28066-0-21611000-1421606698_thumb.j

post-28066-0-86495200-1421606718_thumb.j

post-28066-0-05805800-1421606734_thumb.j

• Like 3

Hi Alan,

Well a few more items ticked off the list. I see you have the blue protective covering for the sink plug, I hope it comes off easily :naughty:  Nice to read you are having your "own" boat show on site today :naughty: It saves folks going into London!

Onwards and upwards as they say! The upwards being, moving Orca to Norfolk ASAP!

cheers Iain.

• Like 3

Thanks Iain! You have a very good eye sight!! I can barely see the blue bit there, but yes it has a nice stainless cap on the plug.. i think it's already peeling off so wont last long!  The club members do love to walk around as it's a bit different to the sailing boats.. our mudweight gets lots of attention too lol 

Wont be much longer now :)

• Like 1

Thanks Iain and Mum.. We do eat out really when we are up there so it won't see much use.

No space for a draining board mum, but we will get one of these (it's all been thought through); http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Worktop-Drainer-Tray-Sink-Draining-Board-Caravan-Kitchen-Motor-home-drainer-/151302007473

Just bought one of these for home from Bettaware and they are really well made. Very solid and sloping so they drain well into the sink without pooling. Should be ideal on the boat

Boat is really coming along now. Well done both of you

David

• Like 1

In the week Dave installed the second fuel filter (with water separator) in the engine bay following recommendation of the surveyor, (thankfully we had one in the shed so it cost nothing). I glued the backing material on the back of the bathroom door.

Today was a good day, we had Daves mum with us (she hadn't seen the boat since the summer so she was a bit shocked!), anyway so she came down with a sowing machine to make start on the curtains, she wasn't able to stay all day but still done well and made up curtains for one of the larger windows and noticed we would run out of material anyway so we have to grab some more.

Also today, I got the curtain track installed (We went for the plastic one as suggested) and it looks good, it hardly notices. I had some spare for a shower curtain and put the trimming on the bathroom door.. It came up good. We screwed the door on today and unfortunately the bathroom wall isn't quite square so it's not perfect but it still functions and looks ok.. there's not much we can do really.

Dave also moulded up a drip tray out of grp for the engine and BSC, he wanted to play and mould it up so we will take out the mould tomorrow and see how it got on.. it's only for a drip tray so can't go too wrong (I'm not quite sure why he didn't just glass around timber but at least its done.  He also cut and installed the alloy sheet I ordered in for the cooker surround (he managed to use a tick stick for the first time and it came out ok).

I'll get some pics tomorrow :) 

• Like 6

The drip tray did come out of the mould and looks good. Dave neatened up the edges and installed it so thats one big job done.

We also installed the alloy countertop edging trim thing,  silicone the alloy surround and permanently installed the cooker. Dave run and connected up the gas pipe for the cooker. It just needs a hose tail for the gas hose, he also installed the hose to the gas bottle.  We also connected up the 12v socket in the kitchen. So the kitchen it pretty much finished now, it just needs the doors and a drawer (Which aren't cheap!).

Finally we started making up the final trimming for the bunk sides to the table can go down to form the dinette berth.

Doesn't sound much but it was a long day.. No pictures either because it doesn't look like much. Next weekend we will try and get all the systems finished and tested.. (Maybe if there's time make the table).

• Like 4