we've started our hols

loribear

Hi all , well we started our hols on friday, it was a great day, the weather was beautiful & we managed to sign in & get away within about 15 mins because we'd been before, our first stop was ludham where we stopped for the night, we had quite a peaceful night apart from the fisherman across the river who gad a couple of those annoying bleepers on his rod grrr, which was going all nearly all night, here are a few pics .post-296-0-50896900-1411843677_thumb.jpg

post-568-0-07251700-1411913795.jpg

post-568-0-48574300-1411913863.jpg

• Like 4

Loribear I see your out on No 4 our fav boat (so I told lol) had this out 6 times, get the top bed made up and leg out. Only fault I have is drying the windows in a morning after showers & if you have a black bag place it under the window to remove the reflection from behind the dash. little tips you pick up on.

• Like 1

Day two, we had breakfast then went to potter heigham & went all the way down to the marina but could'nt find anywhere to moor as it was chockers, so we went to where there were some quiet moorings as they were called, & had a little struggle getting off of boat as the moorings was low& ive only got little legs lol, so we went & did some shopping & bought some cream cakes as you do lol, post-296-0-17695700-1411849041_thumb.jpgwelk they were just sat that looking at me saying EAT ME lol, then went back to boat for a cuppa & cake , we had a nice of that little house across the river, not sure what it used to be, someone said it used to be a helter skelter ,post-296-0-56012500-1411849335_thumb.jpg & we later passed two windmills, one was thurn not sure about this one though, post-296-0-69940300-1411849514_thumb.jpg, this is weird, ive even turned the photos the other way round & they've still ended up on their side again, grrrr lori.

Later on we decided to try & moor a acle but we were out of luck, so we went to stokesby & was yet again out of luck, ive never seen it so busy everywhere for this time of year, we ended up stopping at stracey just up from the tapas bar, & watched the beautiful sun go down & the starlings swoop & make beautiful patterns in the sky, here is a little vid i took on my fone, so it may not be brilliant lol,

& at about 7.30 if was starting to get quite dark & we saw a boat go down at speed towards yarmouth, but i don't think he would have made it though, tomorrow we are going to yarmouth but not going over breydon this year. Lori
  • Like 5

Hi all , well we started our hols on friday, it was a great day, the weather was beautiful & we managed to sign in & get away within about 15 mins because we'd been before, our first stop was ludham where we stopped for the night, we had quite a peaceful night apart from the fisherman across the river who gad a couple of those annoying bleepers on his rod grrr, which was going all nearly all night, here are a few pics .attachicon.gif20140926_154700.jpgattachicon.gif20140926_165335.jpgattachicon.gif20140926_170358.jpg

Brill pic of the Forum Burgee, Lori!  :clap

I'm amazed to see so many boats moored up at Ludham Bridge!  :wave

• Like 1

Last night we had a peaceful night, & it only cost £3.00 for mooring,all night & today the only song i keep getting in my head is we all live in a yellow submarine lol, because of that damn yellow colour boat lol, pleeese clive richardson paint it white lol. Lori

• Like 1

Today we went into great yarmouth , had a great day , but when we came back there was very loud music which lasted for ages that was coming from a caravan site across the river, so we decided to head back to stracey, we'd only just set off when the oil light alarm went off, then the engine light alarm started screaming at us, so we had to come back ,but we'd checked everything earlier & it was all fine apart from the oil, which was alittle low, but we switched the engine off to let it cool, but when we tried it again there was no water coming out of the back, so rang engineer up & they're coming round tomorrow morning hopefully. Lori

Wow, Lori, that must have been close.

I don't know if they still do but BB used to wire a "stop-relay" into their boats' engine for such warnings! We dis-connected ours on Friday Girl for just the time when it happened where yours did... Gt Yarmouth with a running tide.

Congratulations on keeping a cool head!  :trophy

• Like 1