Broads lover but new to Forum

As I enjoy a Caribbean-looking (if not quite feeling) afternoon at Potter Heigham, I'd like to say, on behalf of Wendy and me, an introductory "Hello" to all on this Forum.  The Broads have been our favourite holiday every year since '79, and with retirement from teaching came the opportunity for two or three trips per year away from school holidays. We're (unusually) ashore at "Broadlands Cottage" this week, so enjoying the fun and games near "the bridge". Looking forward to the contact with other members.

Aubrey 

• Like 8

Hi Aubrey

A very warm welcome aboard from me :wave Like Eric says, this really is the best Forum to be a member of, there are some pretty crazy characters on here though, most of them come from up North, you're not Scottish by any chance are you? :naughty:

Grace :kiss

• Like 3

Hi Aubrey and Wendy

Great to see you here and a warm welcome from me.

I don't know when I will get to Norfolk again but Maybe I will see you on the river again one day.

All the best

Arthur

• Like 1

Wow! What a welcome from so many of you.  In the North/South debate, I think we must be closer to Gracie's crazy northerners.  Location-wise we live in Northwich, Cheshire, which after all is well north of Watford.  Crazy-wise, I have among souvenirs from my teaching days many cheeky Christmas and birthday cards addressed to "my mad maths teacher" or some similar person.  They knew that the sentiments sent with affection would be received in the same spirit. 

Many thanks again for the welcome, and I hope we get a chance to meet on future trips (next in September)

• Like 7

Polly it was the highlight of the 3 rivers evening to have Brilliant pull alongside our decking to lower your mast.  Wendy and I had been hoping to see you go past, so stopping was a big bonus.  I think Barney the dog in his enthusiasm must have delayed you a bit.  Many thanks to you and your crew for your patience with your new fans. 

• Like 1

Hi Aubery and Wendy, it was a pleasure meeting you both + your lovely dog on Saturday. Welcome to the NBN.

Sorry Polly.  Just realised I could have replied directly with my latest post.  And I tell my son about reading instruction before tackling a project.  

Sorry Polly.  Just realised I could have replied directly with my latest post.  And I tell my son about reading instruction before tackling a project.  

Takes a wee while to find your way round the Forum site. Any problems just ask Admin, they are the "Brylcream Boys" on here  :naughty:

cheers Iain.