Hello

eltel

Thank you to John for getting ny logon sorted.

And hello to every one on the forum, I have been reading and following the forum for a while, and have been coming to the broads for some time, next visit in a fortnights time on the 27th of this month. We are coming down and have Silver harmony from Silverline.

Also a first this year we are bringing the dog as our son has moved away who used to look after the dog, he still spends some of his time coming home and looking after said pooch however he wont use all his holidays never mind.

So on this topic any advice, we have bought the dog a lifejacket, also can you recommend any dog friendly pubs.

Regards

Terry and Denise.

Welcome to the forum!  :wave

The only pub I ever took the beagles into was the Dog Inn at Ludham. However I much prefer to find some quiet back water and enjoy a drink and cigar in peace and tranquility while the beagle's nose about on the bank.

I will recommend you take plenty of poop bags and a small bin with a lid to store the filled bags on board the boat, as waste bins can be few and far between, and things can get smelly if the sun comes out.

I'd also recommend fastening the dog below decks when you are mooring etc because no matter how well trained the dog is, it can get under your feet quite easily. Dogs also have a tendency to follow you out on deck and make the occasional leap for the bank at inopportune moments sometimes resulting in a splash.

I also have two tie out stakes for the beagles but I always keep an eye out for the public walking past and tripping on the dogs leads. I'm also wary of kids coaxing the dogs from the boat when we are moored. The beagles are more than friendly but I did have one woman complain when she came to fuss one of the boys and he jumped up and put his muddy paws on her white trousers.

I also keep a very wary eye on the dogs when we are out among the wildlife.

The Broads are a fantastic place for dogs and there is nothing I like better than mooching along with the dogs. You get to see some places you would not normally see!

Hello Terry & Denise

Welcome from us as well.

We hired from Silverline back in April and have to say they are a great yard. It was our first time with them but we were treated as old friends, we've since booked again for next April.

Have a great time

Thanks all for the welcome.

It will certainly be a different experience this year with the dog along. But I'm sure we'll still enjoy it just as much. We are both looking forward only just over a week to go now.

Thanks for your advice with the dog as well, all suggestions for pubs appreciated also.

We have started our holiday box and yes Timbo poop bags are on the list.

We have a list for the dog as well as us.

regards

Terry and Denise

• Like 1

Hi Terry and Denise,welcome As I said many times before,we are a mixed bunch,all of which loving the broads.

Most pubs will allow dogs outside.I think the Yare at Brundall will allow dogs inside,ask Michael the Landlord.

Just a aside,before we got our boat,we would take two hols a year.A week at Easter and two weeks in September.then we would get a day boat as and when.

One year we got a day boat from Wroxham to Coltishall,we took our old dog,sadly gone,stopping at the raising sun.After lunch we went back to the the boat,and had some fruit or something.Tass our dog was laying down a Swan came up to the boat,looking for food.Tass jumped up.and I thought the swan was going to die of a heat attack.

Ian :welcome:

• Like 1