Stracey Arms MIll - can you help?

AdnamsGirl

There was still a sign on the River last Friday saying it was for sale and giving a mobile number to contact.

And for any doubters here's the Ad :-

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-48754801.html/svr/1711;jsessionid=ADF09126A90DCADF6A74718AD0E8EE41

And just to make matters worse they are using the potential Lottery funding to attract buyers.

Dave cheers

I should read the add again, the property and the windmill are two separate entities.

But the property seller has been very clever with there wording.

• Like 1

Geez yeah here's the bit in that sales particular:

The main focal point of the property is the windmill which is owned, insured and maintained by the Windmill Trust. The windmill has been decommission but remains a real attraction for visitors attending the site. The Trust pay the venders for opening the windmill to the public. Currently their is a Lottery Grant awaiting approval for half million pounds to spend on the windmill.

APOLOGIES,of course your right but as I said the sign on the river clearly indicates the windmill is part of the property.

Dave

No apologies needed, you are not the first and certainly wont be the last to fall foul of "Estate agent speak" :grin:

Isn't the mill in private hands and operated and being marketed as part of a business?  If so I rather resent lottery funding being spent on it, if access to it were to be free and gaurenteed to remain so then I can understand there MAY be case for Public funding but...

Dave :hardhat:

I`ve done it too, but i do understand and respect Daves point of view.  I`d much rather see public money being spent on this, even if it IS a private property, rather than see public money spent on beaurocrats and celebrities  jollies in the name of charity two guns two guns

APOLOGIES,of course your right but as I said the sign on the river clearly indicates the windmill is part of the property.

Dave

Dave I hope you aren't apologising to me? As imtamping2 said there's no need. I wasn't trying to be right by any means.. just keeping the discussion going.. I'm sure you know what these forums are like.. i.e it's good to know for sure.. Thanks for raising it in the first place.. These sales details could still be wrong.. who knows for sure ;)cheers

P.s Those windy fans remember hardley mill near cantley (Hardley side though) is working and really worth a visit.. 

Speedtriple, The windmill IS owned by The Norfolk Windmill Trust and NOT by the associated business nearby which owns the shop, but does open the mill on behalf of The Windmill Trust. The Norfolk Windmill Trust is a registered charity and does need supporting. Rest assured this is not an application on behalf of a private business. The issue that has caused some confusion here and led to Dave's misunderstanding is that the owners of the nearby business and the truth are distant friends. As Dave is aware, and I have fallen foul of in the past, the owners of the business have a habit of miss representing things, but rest assured they have no more interest in the mill than a business arrangement with Norfolk Windmill Trust, whereby they open it to visitors.

Privately owned, The National Trust? Nah mate it's not.

Dave

Don't mean to cause a fight but various properties are owned or part owned by private families and the National Trust helps out. 

St Michaels Mount in Cornwall still owned and privately run but with the national trust helping with funding and yes, we pay to visit.

That kind of financial model helps keep those icons funded where private means cant provide up keep