oooooooooops

diesel falcon

I am only joking, but what an opportunity to antifoul your boat between tides. lol.

What is going wrong this season, far more boats going aground, and not particularly one hire boat company?

I expect we will see more first timers to the Broads this year, following people being reluctant to going abroad following what happened in Tunisia.

Maybe this is the trend this year...!

• Like 1

I am only joking, but what an opportunity to antifoul your boat between tides. lol.

What is going wrong this season, far more boats going aground, and not particularly one hire boat company?

I expect we will see more first timers to the Broads this year, following people being reluctant to going abroad following what happened in Tunisia.

Maybe this is the trend this year...!

Not a pleasent trend, Maybe as you say more first timers on the rivers.

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Not a pleasent trend, Maybe as you say more first timers on the rivers.

cheers Iain

no 37years experience he just lost concentration.Be warned those bends have a shelf about ten feet out it drops drastically,my tug draws 1.3M and I'm floating at low water,note the crane holding the back corner up

post-29391-0-25974000-1437136845_thumb.j

• Like 2

Have they changed Titan then, Neil?

http://www.maffett-cruisers.com/Images/repairs.pdf

Hi John,

They`ve still got Titan, but i think they use her mainly for getting into shallow water, especially when boats go outside the marker posts. John told me when they first got her that she was specially desined for shallow estuary work on the Thames. I believe she is relatively flat bottomed, though i`m not 100% on that.  The tug in the picture i would imagine is used for salcvage use in the main rivers?. I`m sure wehlau will let us know?.

• Like 1

Hi John,

They`ve still got Titan, but i think they use her mainly for getting into shallow water, especially when boats go outside the marker posts. John told me when they first got her that she was specially desined for shallow estuary work on the Thames. I believe she is relatively flat bottomed, though i`m not 100% on that.  The tug in the picture i would imagine is used for salcvage use in the main rivers?. I`m sure wehlau will let us know?.

close enough,Titan is flatish on the bottom and was originally a shallow water tug designed to ground.Tosh is a navy tug and is built for brake away power,ideal for pulling of the mud with massive horse power
  • Like 1

Massive horse power ?

yes massive,not the same as you have witch is for speed.our prop setup 28x16x4 running through a reverse transfer coupled to a Perkins 6354.4 over bored and mani cooled with a two stage holset water cooled turbocharger high compression 48 bolt head over size injectors and a hi flow injection pump.tosh has no speed 8/9 knots max but brake away power yes,I'm the last person you want a tug of war with
  • Like 4