Really good news, Berney Arms is open!

JennyMorgan

cheers Howard, I was trying to find different angles rather than repeating what other have already said, but also struggling with the 2000 letter limit. I think I ended up with just 5 letters spare in the end. :-) I don't think many applications have received such a response from the public comments sections, all of which are objections. Hopefully the BA do the right thing. I note that even the BA tourism officer who has history as a licensee has objected.

• Like 3

I am always a bit miserable, 

I was there saturday evening delivering the boat  for the Sunday race of the regatta but did not eat or drink there as I did not stay then had to leave for Oulton straight after the prizes.. 

everyone else seemed happy though. 

• Like 1

Interesting flood risk assessment on the documents page. Although dated the 12th Aug it has only recently been added to the site. Certainly after I'd made my comments, as I may have been tempted to correct an inaccuracy. It states that there is no risk of a tidal surge as it is inland!!!! December 2013 I was effectively trapped in St Olaves marina for a couple of days after a tidal surge had come up The Yare, overtopped in various places down The New Cut and flooded the A143 between Haddiscoe and St Olaves bridges making it impossible to exit the marina until the water had subsided. Perhaps someone could ask the Environment Agency to stop issuing flood alerts for The Waveney and Yare when there is a storm surge forecast as apparently there is no risk of a tidal surge inland. :shocked

• Like 3

I did a bit of searching around the web looking for a tel number for the Berney Arms - I found - 01493 700303 but that number is no longer current.

Does anyone have a current number I can ring them on please?

Thanks,

Griff

Hi Griff,

That was the last number that I had for the Berney Arms.

Regards 

Alan