Hospital stay

Chelsea14Ian

Some of you may or not know,I went  into Hospital last Thursday.I had been unwell for some time,Marina 

took me to hospital and was admitted,they put me on a number of drips etc.I had a chest infection which was 

not very nice.What came as a bit of a shock,they said I have emphysema so I am on Oxygen I am still under there care and a Nurse visits home each day.I do feel bit better,but it was not nice.

Ian

Ian, you have my sincere sympathies. Both my Mum & sister-in-law have been similarly inflicted, not nice.

However, you could tackle it like my sister-in-law does. Her relief seems to be her oxygen mask in one hand and a spliff in the other, taking alternate drags, driving her invalid buggy around Tesco! Seems to work for her, been doing it for years, even though I have warned her of the risks of explosion, amongst  other health risks. 

• Like 2

Hi Ian,

Very sorry to read you have been under the weather and in hospital. The good news is - if you can call any illness good - they have found what was wrong with you.

Now take things easy and no mad rushing about, you have had a good pick me up tonight, with your footy team winning for a change:naughty:

xmas6Iain.

4 minutes ago, Gracie said:

So sorry to hear you have been unwell, Ian, hope you feel better very soon :kiss Chelsea did very well, don't suppose you watched my team ARSENAL'S brilliant game tonight did you? :naughty:

Grace

p.s Forgot to mention they won 3-0 :naughty:

Some would say that game was a bit of a GREEK tragedy:naughty:

xmas6Iain.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

polly it may be that I am unwell,but I don't understand what you mean

Sorry Ian I aimed that at JM who has referred to the denizens of GY frequently, I was just poking a bit of mild fun at him having one 'in the family'

On 09/12/2015 at 9:26 PM, JennyMorgan said:

Ian, you have my sincere sympathies. Both my Mum & sister-in-law have been similarly inflicted, not nice.

However, you could tackle it like my sister-in-law does. Her relief seems to be her oxygen mask in one hand and a spliff in the other, taking alternate drags, driving her invalid buggy around Tesco! Seems to work for her, been doing it for years, even though I have warned her of the risks of explosion, amongst  other health risks

On one occasion, while serving as prime minister during the Second World War, ( Churchill) was to take his first high-altitude airplane flight in an unpressurized cabin.

According to his biographer , when (he) went to the airfield on the evening before a flight to be fitted for a flight suit and an oxygen mask, he conferred with the flight expert who was to accompany him on the journey and requested that a special oxygen mask be devised so that he could smoke his cigars while airborne. The request was granted, and the next day Churchill was happily puffing away at 15,000 feet through a special hole in his oxygen mask.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...