Noisy Neighbours

BrundallNavy

Apart from the bad manners side of things, why would you want to sit on the same moorings for 12 hours when your sailing time is limited at this time year?  Get cruising man, that's what your engine is for 

I remember talking to a chap at oulton broad , he had a cruiser for a week and this was his 3rd night there!!! I couldn't believe it. Each to their own I suppose.

• Like 2

Hi Iain,

It has to be Heinz for me, they are the only beans that do not contain onion or garlic, onion has always been a problem for me since childhood and at 30 I found I was allergic to garlic, my son Michael also comes out in little white spots if we have anything containing garlic.

Regards

Alan

5 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

I remember talking to a chap at oulton broad , he had a cruiser for a week and this was his 3rd night there!!! I couldn't believe it. Each to their own I suppose.

And why wouldn't anyone wish to stay at Oulton Broad for three nights? Blinking heck, I've been here for most of 70 years and several generations before that!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brundallNavy said:

I think last night / this morning one must take the biscuit. Started his engine last night at 2100 and only shut it off at 2230 after a gentle reminder, this morning started at 0815 and was still running at 1230 on the bridge moorings at Wroxham.

Doug.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall for the 'gentle reminder' :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

And why wouldn't anyone wish to stay at Oulton Broad for three nights? Blinking heck, I've been here for most of 70 years and several generations before that!

I could definitely think of worse place to live!!

But 3 days crammed between a couple of boats at the yacht station isn't what the broads is about for me. 

I do love the oulton broad though. Probably my most visited place on the broads.

On 26/03/2016 at 7:19 PM, brundallNavy said:

I think last night / this morning one must take the biscuit. Started his engine last night at 2100 and only shut it off at 2230 after a gentle reminder, this morning started at 0815 and was still running at 1230 on the bridge moorings at Wroxham.

Doug.

Now just hang on a minute young fella me lad...why the extended stop over? Where you checking for which bunk leaked? And what's with nicking the blokes biscuits? :naughty:

• Like 1

On 26 March 2016 at 8:34 PM, Liberty said:

I would love to have been a fly on the wall for the 'gentle reminder' :)

I was too scared so sent Swimbo I thought the door was being smashed in but had an immediate effect.

8 hours ago, Timbo said:

Now just hang on a minute young fella me lad...why the extended stop over? Where you checking for which bunk leaked? And what's with nicking the blokes biscuits? :naughty:

I can say with with total honesty not one leak on any bunks, and I think the biscuits went the same way as the Vodka !!  We had been up to Coltishall and back and he was still in the same spot with the engine running.

Doug.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

For me this weekend, neighbourly Engine starts were...Thursday morning fine Hickling

Friday morning Fine Sutton staithe

Saturday 07:00 Horning public staithe

Sunday morning 6:30 Ranworth staithe

Monday Morning 07:00 Thurne Dyke

Tuesday morning No Prob

Hey ho

50/50   well it could have been worse MM:facepalm:Also ....well done finding a mooring at Horning Easter Saturday! :clap

cheersIain

I have to say it has never bothered me - engine running that is. Maybe in the summer if you on deck or got windows etc open it might be a pain, but this time of year by the time it's get to an annoying hour I would be in the cabin, heater on. Our heater fan makes more noise than a distant diesel engine.

I'm not saying it's not annoying, but to me being next to a boat with smokers on board with their smoke drifting over is far worse than any diesel engine noise or fumes I have experienced.

Mind you being able to take the hearing aids out helps and I don't get nagged either:bow

In all seriousness the my low end hearing is very good, it's the higher end that's shot.

• Like 5

I think I have been very lucky as on the few occasions this has happened to me as I haven't noticed the fumes. 

Can appreciate it affecting your asthma though and understand why it's not very nice. As you say being polite and considerate is all it takes.

Brundall Navy, if that occurs again or to anyone else ring BROADS CONTROL on 01603756056 with the place and registration number of the vessel.

We can then act, at the least explain to the master that this is not going to be tolerated again. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, A.J.B. said:

Brundall Navy, if that occurs again or to anyone else ring BROADS CONTROL on 01603756056 with the place and registration number of the vessel.

We can then act, at the least explain to the master that this is not going to be tolerated again. 

Are talking if this happens before 8am or after 8pm or in general while moored up? 

The brain is old but I thought from a previous thread the bylaw was engines shouldn't be run at any time whilst moored? Think it actually mentioned causing a disturbance  

not trying to be argumentative, but so it's clear to me.