Few More Fans Please

I realise football is probably about as popular as sailing against the wind and tide on here but today my football club Hibernian qualified for the final of the Scottish cup 

They have put myself and junior wonderwall through some real heartache over the years(decades) but today was one of the better days. Myself and son were at Hampden to see them win on penalties. The Scottish cup is something of the holy grail for our club , we have not won it since 1902, so come the 21 May I want everyone on here to get their lucky pants on, pray to whatever God floats your boat, and help us achieve what every Hibs fan wants. 

If we win , it's a party at my house and your all invited .:dance

mon the Hibees :naughty:

• Like 2

If we win , it's a party at my house and your all invited

You were lucky there, the mighty Tiger is overdue for this seasons first serious ride-out but on checking our social diary I find we are at a wedding reception on 21st May cheers

However I will wish you all the best for the match.  Btw due to my late father in law,  I have been to Cappielow many times and do check the results for Morton

Griff

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I have been to Cappielow many times and do check the results for Morton

Oops they lost the local derby to St Mirren today, 3-1. Well done Neil, my lot won 4-0 today at Stenny.:party:

I will shout the Hibees on in the final, they will need it!:naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

If we win , it's a party at my house and your all invited

You were lucky there, the mighty Tiger is overdue for this seasons first serious ride-out but on checking our social diary I find we are at a wedding reception on 21st May cheers

However I will wish you all the best for the match.  Btw due to my late father in law,  I have been to Cappielow many times and do check the results for Morton

Griff

You sir , are welcome at my abode anytime your tiger is pointing in this direction. 

I mean that .:party:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Oops they lost the local derby to St Mirren today, 3-1. Well done Neil, my lot won 4-0 today at Stenny.:party:

I will shout the Hibees on in the final, they will need it!:naughty:

cheersIain

They will need it you are correct. But fitba is a funny game Archie , as you know, and you just never know.

You have the best seat in my Hoose at the "perty" cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Okay all you good people ,Saturday is the BIG day. You probably have no idea how much winning this cup means to all people of Hibernian leanings. 

Trust me, there are many many thousands of truly decent folk who have been put through some absoloute torture for a very long time. We deserve our day in the sun, none more so than junior wonderwall whom I have brought up in the Hibernian faith. Let's just say on the plus side it's good character building .

So pray to your God for us, wear your lucky pants , send all positive vibes up to Scotland on Saturday and across to Hampden park. If everyone wishes for green and white ribbons on the cup, it will happen.

And if it does, my posts my make even less sense for a while!!!

Dont let me down now!!

C'mon the Hibees :dance

• Like 1

Having gone through the mill at the weekend Neil, I ken exactly whit you have gone through fur years. I will take great pleasure in cheering the boys in green n white on seterday. 

C'mon the Hibs, you can do it!

cheersIain

P.s. wull lend you oor goalie, he is awfy guid at saving penalties !:party:

Maybe I shouldn't try to help Neil after my feeble efforts for Newcastle over the last few weeks failed miserably :( With relegation 

then for them to play the game they did on Sunday 

but I wish you all well on Saturday 

• Like 1

Today's the day. 3 pm kick off.

woke up 3 times last night. Been up since 6 am , pacing the Hoose like a wee laddie at Christmas !!!

Struggled with my breakfast ( butterflies) but managed it eventually. Need a drink to calm my neves!! But don't worry , I will wait a few hours yet!!

Me and junior Wwall picking up sister and brother in law at half ten then onto hotel and on it!!!

Thanks for the good wishes, keep them coming, positive vibes is the way forward.

all together now

" there is a Bonnie fitba team, 

At Easter Road they play

i go along to see them every other Saturday,

the colours green and white 

the finest in the land today,

As  the Hibs go marching on....."

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Football is such a load of crap.

Nah Neil, each to their own. I have driven round the IOM TT course and decided the bikers were mad! I never got above 60mph!.....in a Morris Marina !:naughty: Now that was crap! Worst car I have ever driven.:facepalm:

cheersIain

• Like 2

Congratulations Neil on your teams great win over Rangers but it has to be said that the behaviour of your fans after the final whistle has done your club no favours at all. Shades of England v Scotland in the 70S come to mind and sadly your club will no doubt face the consequences which detracts from a great game

Boycee

18 hours ago, boycee said:

Congratulations Neil on your teams great win over Rangers but it has to be said that the behaviour of your fans after the final whistle has done your club no favours at all. Shades of England v Scotland in the 70S come to mind and sadly your club will no doubt face the consequences which detracts from a great game

Boycee

More a case of six and two threes IMHO.!