Something Amazing!

Poppy

Yesterday afternoon in Thurne dyke I saw something amazing. It was someone READING..........

.........their boat's hirer's manual !

I know it's hard to believe, but  his is no hoax, I had witnesses!  :naughty::party:

• Like 3

I too saw something today that is very rare, I am a full eye witness with hand on bible,

Driving back to our village this morning I came upon a roundabout I know well.  A BMW was actually indicating coming onto and exiting the roundabout, oh yes it did! doubt me not you cynics, I do know that this is rarer than spotting a Bittern, but it did happen this morning, make a note in your memoirs

Griff

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I too saw something today that is very rare, I am a full eye witness with hand on bible,

Driving back to our village this morning I came upon a roundabout I know well.  A BMW was actually indicating coming onto and exiting the roundabout, oh yes it did! doubt me not you cynics, I do know that this is rarer than spotting a Bittern, but it did happen this morning, make a note in your memoirs

Griff

Now Griff, that's jus pushing the bounds of credibility too far. You'll be trying to have us believe you saw an Audi indicating next. Everybody KNOWS indicators have been discontinued on Audis. :naughty::naughty:

• Like 6

I am like Max, I may know the hirers manual inside out but I always read it when we pick up our hire Boat, thank you so very much Pops :taunt: I know us hirers are the very bane of society but at least we can cruise in a straight line, most of the time anyway, with exception for when we first pick the Boat up on a Saturday afternoon, zig zagging until we at least make it to Barton where upon we have done enough cruising, get into boat mode and realise we are not actually driving a car. We don't have the very good fortune of having our own boat to be able to cruise on a regular basis, maybe just once a year, or twice if you're lucky. Now I will also like to add that I have been known to wear a pirate hat whilst helming for the amusement of my kids and not to water people off. Also been known to have a glass or two at the helm (which may account for some zig zagging lol) all arrestable offence's, I'm sure, been caught speeding on two occasions which resulted in a Ranger asking me to slow down, which, I of course did (very handsome he was too :naughty:) but slept well that night in the knowledge that at least I read my Hirers manual :naughty:

Grace

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

You will be telling us next it had a speedometer that stays within the speed limits:shocked

Oi. I as well as always reading the handbook I also drive a BMW and use the indicators. My wife keeps telling me they will have to take it off me.

• Like 2

Griff, I am reminded of a letter sent to the Guardian's "Notes and Queries" column some years back (for those that don't know, this is a place where people send in sometimes silly questions, and other readers send in possible answers).  Somebody asked, "if four cars arrive from four different directions at a mini roundabout simultaneously, who has the right of way?".  The Guardian published 3 answers, from 3 different people.

1.  The guy in the red BMW.

2.  The taxi driver.

3.  Whoever stops laughing first after the guy in the red BMW and the taxi driver have collided.

• Like 5

I have been known to walk round a BMW / Audi etc in Tesco Sprowston, having been following it from Wroxham on the weekly shop.

When asked what I'm doing the answer is "just seeing if this does actually have indicators fitted " ( you need to make sure the driver isn't a 6' 6" fighter if trying this one though. )

• Like 5

On 5/8/2016 at 8:24 AM, Poppy said:

Yesterday afternoon in Thurne dyke I saw something amazing. It was someone READING..........

.........their boat's hirer's manual !

I know it's hard to believe, but  his is no hoax, I had witnesses!  :naughty::party:

It was their last day, just trying to find the latest time they could return the boat!

• Like 2