Got To Love Ludham Bridge....

Matt

I have had more damage done to my boat at Ludham than anywhere else on the Broads. Of course, it was all hit and run jobs. Its not surprising, everybody there is grabbing huge handfuls of throttle, not looking what the stern of the boat is doing and going too fast for the circumstances at the bridge. Hit and run should be made a serious offence on the Broads just as it is on the roads

Oh the joys of the Broads! I'm going elsware this year and save on the repair work. The Great Ouse probably will be the destination. It is much quieter there, there are some lovely little towns to visit, nice pubs, miles of cruising and less hire boat racing.   :hardhat:

• Like 2

It's not only on the main river that bumps happen, we have been bumped several times in our private marina, by private craft too, and those were the only ones we know about...

Too many people in a rush, not knowing what their boat is doing, many don't take the direction and strength of the wind into consideration, let alone the current.

We have a small burgee, and never leave the mooring with out it. 

5 hours ago, Shreck said:

I have had more damage done to my boat at Ludham than anywhere else on the Broads. Of course, it was all hit and run jobs. Its not surprising, everybody there is grabbing huge handfuls of throttle, not looking what the stern of the boat is doing and going too fast for the circumstances at the bridge. Hit and run should be made a serious offence on the Broads just as it is on the roads

Oh the joys of the Broads! I'm going elsware this year and save on the repair work. The Great Ouse probably will be the destination. It is much quieter there, there are some lovely little towns to visit, nice pubs, miles of cruising and less hire boat racing.   :hardhat:

I think that you've just been unlucky, Ken.

We moor there about twice a year and so far (touch wood) we've never been hit!     ice slice

And if you want peace and quiet then come South!

The currents at Stokesby can be certainly interesting at times they stop you mooring by pushing you away from the bank and once you are moored it can be difficult to get away from the bank. Right outside of the pub is always difficult unless someone takes a line. 

I prefer to moor at the green, a good place to eat your portion of cake bought from the shop with a brew and watch the world go by. 

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I prefer to moor at the green, a good place to eat your portion of cake bought from the shop with a brew and watch the world go by. 

Regards

Alan

One of my favourite moorings anywhere on the Broads.

• Like 3

I enjoy the business of Ludham, it adds to the challenge of the helming process for me. I wouldn't want the whole North Broads to be like that though and people make the mistake of thinking all of the North is silly busy in peak season which it's not. Yes I know how many daft day boats there are around Wroxham and Horning there are on a sunny day but there are plenty of places off the beaten track. Take the Ant above Wayford for example or South Walsham Broad. Don't get me wrong I know crowds of boats present their challenges but I still wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

• Like 2