Got To Love Ludham Bridge....

Matt

We left fleet dyke about 10.30 this morning. The main river looked a bit like that, they all must of been heading that way. We are heading back down south today as its grim up north. Hopefully the sun will be shining the other side of Yarmouth. 

john

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wildfuzz said:

I feel for those privateers who`s craft are moored the other side of the bridge, must be covered in bumps and bruises at the end of the season.

Know wonder Alex and Lorna's boat is called " Braveheart " moored there ! :facepalm:When LBBY hired day boats in the 70's it was pantomime time coming through that bridge! :naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

That takes me back to the early eighties. It could take quite a while to negotiate that bridge due to the sheer weight of traffic! Must say, that IS a first, a boat stern on at those moorings !:facepalm:

cheersIain

Yep, I remember those days Iain

Strewth Matt!  Thankfully it wasn't that busy when the missus and I went through last week - with quite a few feet of mast hanging over the back!! We had an easy path each way - what you have pictured there wold have caused us a lot of problems!

Who on earth was the stern moored plonker??

4 hours ago, Wildfuzz said:

I feel for those privateers who`s craft are moored the other side of the bridge, must be covered in bumps and bruises at the end of the season.

If not already they will be after this weekend, especially if the buoy for the 3RR is close to the corner.

Doug.

7 hours ago, BroadScot said:

Know wonder Alex and Lorna's boat is called " Braveheart " moored there ! :facepalm:When LBBY hired day boats in the 70's it was pantomime time coming through that bridge! :naughty:

cheersIain

its is indeed a somewhat dangerous place to be moored at times Ian , a look at Braveheart's  port side in one of the pics will reveal more fenders on that side than most big  boats have all round!

Yet still some half-wit or another will always manage to do some damage lol

Fortunately most people who get it wrong are going reasonably slow and so its usually just marks on the fenders ,but we have had a few hard hits over the years

This week was a total washout for us ,having arrived on Friday evening , the weather has been atrocious and so today we gave up and called it a day :(

3 minutes ago, alexandlorna said:

This week was a total washout for us ,having arrived on Friday evening , the weather has been atrocious and so today we gave up and called it a day :(

Well its been gorgeous up here awe week. Aye a ken, you wulny want tae read that! Sorry ! Pit the factor 30 oan when you reach the border !:naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1